Chapter 40 - Old and New Faces

I awoke in a cold sweat from a horrible and quite embarrassing dream.

'I really hope that wasn't a memory,' I mumble to myself as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

In the dream I had gone to a dance with Luke and everything was going fine until Chelsea had arrive in it. We fought and I told her off at the dance, but she got the last word by pushing me face first into a cake.

Ugh I can't get away from this girl, she in now showing up in my dreams.

I rolled over in my bed to check the time and it was only 5 o'clock, yet I was wide awake. Deciding that sleep wasn't an option I threw off my covers and slid mself into a pair of shorts, a tank top, and my running shoes.

If I'm up early I might as well go for a run. I put in my earphones and quietly made my way through the kitchen. I stepped outside and took a deep breath in, the air was crisp at this time of day and I could see the fog floating threw the trees and empty paddocks. I put on some Arctic Monkeys and I set off on my trail towards the town.

I was running for about 10 minutes and I could see the town from afar. I was looking down at my phone to change the song when I felt a body hit me so hard that I was soon on my ass.

"Watch where you're going!" I heard the voice above me yell as I pulled myself off the floor.

"Why don't you watch where you're going!" You could have easily gone around!" I yelled back.

I brushed myself off and finally looked up to see Kyle standing there enraged at me.

Not wanting to deal with him right now I just pushed around him to leave, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to face him before I could get away.

"So how is you little boyfriend Lukey?" He said with a sly smirk.

"It's none of your bsiness, and his name is Luke," I snapped back with an annoyed tone as I rolled my eyes at him.

"How are you and your little girlfriend Chelsea?" I shot back turning the tables.

"Oh she's just something to pass the time," he smirked.

"You're sick," I looked at him disgusted.

"Ya well I'm not here to talk about me, I'm here to talk about you. So make sure you tell your pathetic boyfriend to watch his back, because you're mine," he said the last part in almost a whisper.

Usually I would just shut my mouth and take stupid comments like this in the past, but not aymore. I felt a rush of confidence flow through my veins.

"Is that a threat?" I asked poking his chest.

"No. Just a warning." He narrowed his eyes at me and I stared him down to show that I wasn't scared off him.

"Goodbye Kyle," I finally said before I turned around and walked away. I was about 10ft away when I decided that this conversation wasn't over just yet.

"Oh and Kyle, you are half the man Luke is and I don't ever plan to be yours again. Have a nice life." I smiled sweetly and with that siad I turned around and began to jog towards the town.

I felt his eyes burn into my back as I jogged away. I chuckled to myself as I knew that I had finally got the last word.

I reached the steps of the Hudson Cafe and check the time to see that it was 6 o'clock, opening time, but Theresa would definatly not be here yet. I swung open the door to hear the chime and I took a seat on a stole at the counter to order.

"Hi honey. How are you?" Theresa's mom asked with a cnfused look as if to say 'why are you here so early.'

"I'm good Sandra. I just couldn't sleep," I replied.