Chapter 15 - Jai's First Ride

The next day I woke up to Jai continuously jumping on my bed screaming like a little kid on Christmas morning.

        "KAIT GET UP, GET UP!" He yelled as he threw a pillow at me head.

        "What the hell do you want, I'm trying to sleep," I groaned with a rather raspy voice.

        "I have decided that I want to learn how to ride," he stated with confidence as he finally sat down.

        "Really?" I questioned with some interest as I shot up from my pillow. He was now sitting with his legs crossed in front of me and laughing his head off.  "What's so funny?" I said purposely acting dumb, but already knowing he was laughing at my crows nest of hair. 

        "I think you might want to shower first. I'll meet you in half an hour outside the barn," he said still laughing.

"Okay okay," I said with a giggle.

        I hopped out of bed and went straight into the shower. When I was done I let my hair stay wet and put it in a high pony tail. I applied some eyeliner and mascara -nothing special- and got dressed. I put on some ripped jeans, a tight red shirt, and my riding boots. When walking through the kitchen I grabbed a piece of toast, and then walked down the cobble stone path to the barn after leving the house. Luke was standing there holding Pouka and one of the laziest horses we have named Lola.

        "I thought I was supposed to be meeting Jai out here," I said teasingly.

        "Oh fine, you don't want to see me, I get it, you like Jai better," Luke said pouting.

        "It's not my fault Jai is so good looking," I shrugged giving him a pat on the back.

        "We look identical" he snapped back.

        "Exactly," I said giving him a wink while getting on Pouka. From the corner of my eye I could see his cheeks turn slightly red but of course he quickly covered it. I found it cute that I was able to make him blush so easily. "Okay no seriously, where is Jai?" I asked raising my voice a little.

        "He is probably chickening out. I'll go get him," Luke rolled his eyes while tying Lola to a post. Not very long after Luke exited the barn dragging Jai behind him. "Jai what is your problem? You are around horses all day," Luke questioned him annoyed. 

        "Yeah I can be around them no problem, it's the whole getting up on top of them thing that I'm scared of," he explained while slowly walking up to Lola.

        "Honestly there is nothing to be scared of, especially with Lola, she probably won't go any faster than a walk," I encouraged and it seemed to be working.

        "Fine, Luke give me a boost," he said getting a quick wave of confidence.

        Jai sat there for a good five seconds with his eyes closed. When he finally opened them he began to yell, "Oh My God I'm doing it, I'm actually riding a horse."

        Both Luke and I laughed at his excitement. I can't believe after all these years of being around horses he has never ridden one. The rest of the "lesson" I guess you can call it went extremely well, he even said he wants to continue learning. I guess I'm a pretty good teacher.