Chapter 20 - Awkward Endings

Luke, Jai and I were all standing in the airport when we heard the monotone lady called out fight 34 to start boarding in 10 minutes.

        "That's us," Jai said, with a sad expression.

        "I'm just going to head to the bathroom before we go," Luke stated while placing his bags closer to us and walking away.

        "Well we have to get going soon," Jai frowned while holding out his arms for me to hug him. I accepted his hug and squeezed him tightly.

        "I'm going to miss you guys," I released myself from his embrace and smiled.

        "There is one more thing I have to tell you before we go," he stated with a small smile. I nodded to show that I was listening and for him to continue. "You know the other day when you asked me who I liked?" he questioned shoving his hands in his pockets. 

        "Yeah, who is it?" I asked, wanting to know more.

        "You," he said in barley a whisper, before he leaned in and slowly placed his lips against mine. I was in complete shock and didn't move away, but I also didn't kiss him back.

        "Jai w-we can't do this. I with Luke," I shook my head backing away from him. If this was anyone else kissing me while I was with Luke, I would have slapped them in the face, but this was Jai. My best friend, Luke's twin brother, I had to handle the situation differently. He stared at me with a blank expression, which then turned into a frown. Well I just broke his heart, of course he's upset.

        "I-I'm s-sorry, I didn't know," he said while grabbing his bags.

        "It's fine," I said, as it was all I could manage to get out.

        "Tell Luke I'm waiting for him on the plane," he mumbled and walked away. I just watched him as he slowly walked away from me and around the corner to the plane. Seconds later I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

        "I'm going to miss you, and I'll text you every day," Luke said while I stood there distracted by what just happened. "What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

        "J-Jai just kissed me," I whispered, finally meeting Luke's eyes. His eyes filled with anger and he looked like he was about to yell.

        "I'm going to fucking kill him," he surprisingly said in an calm voice, but I could feel the anger surging through him when I grabbed his hand.

        "Luke he didn't know we were together," I defended him.

        He took a deep breath in, "Kait, that doesn't make what he did alright. He knew I had feelings for you, yet he did it anyway."

        "Luke, just please be civil with him, it's your brother," I pleaded.

        "That just makes it worse-"

       " Flight 34 boarding in 5 minutes," the lady once again spoke through the crappy speakers, cutting Luke off and ending our little argument.

        "Shit, we have to hurry up," I spoke frantically. He leaned in and crashed his lips against mine to shut me up. 

        "Good luck in your competition tomorrow," he said with a smile, I could still see this whole Jai situation was bothering him though.

        "And you have fun on your trip," I responded, and he now made his way towards the boarding area, "and please don't kill Jai," I added just before he turned the corner and entered the plane.

--------

        The ride home was just me wallowing in my own thoughts. I couldn't get Jai's kiss out of my head, I felt so bad. Did I lead him on? Is what I thought was just two friends going to lunch something he saw as a date? That's why he couldn't tell me that he liked me, because he knew I had feelings for Luke. Now my affection for Jai's feelings turned into anger. If he new that I liked Luke and Luke liked me, then why did he stand there and kiss me today? He did it because he was leaving for Australia, and didn't have to confront me about his feelings after the kiss. Did he really think he could just kiss me and leave? Well he has another thing coming for him. When he gets back, he is going to have to regain my friendship.