Chapter 39 - Perfect

Luke wasn't outside yet so I headed up to the boys loft trying not to fall on my way. I knocked on the door and Jai answered by swinging open the door and his jaw dropping.

"You look gorgeous," he spoke stuttering.

"Awe thank you Jai," I replied blushing at his compliment and walking in.

"Damn you look hot," Beau muttered with a whistle.

"Take a picture it will last longer," I teased.

"So where is Luke?" I questioned looking around the room.

"Oh he is just doing his hair," Jai rolled his eyes before jumping on his bed and opening his phone.

"Wow I actually got ready before him, I should be given a medal," I stated with a giggle.

We were all laughing when Luke finally walked out wearing black skinny jeans, a white button up shirt with a black tie, black dress shoes, and his hair pushed up. To say he looked good would be an understatment.

"Hey beautiful," he greeted me with a smile.

"You're late," I joked as I got up to hug him.

"Sorry I was trying to look good for you," he fought back.

"And you do, you look very good," I smirked at him.

"Oh save it for later," Beau groaned while ushering us out of the room.

"Can I know where we are going now?" I asked as we walked down the very steep stairs. He pondered on the idea and finally let up when we got into the car. 

"Well first I thought we could go to a drive in movie, and then to karaoke night," he replied raising his eyebrows with a smile to see if I was alright with that.

"Sounds perfect, but why did you need me to dress up?" I asked confused.

"I wanted to see you in the dress I got you, and man do you look good," he gave me a little side smirk and I could feel my cheeks flush.

"When Steph pulled it out of the closet I had a flashback to that day, I could see everything that was happening, but I couldn't hear it," I shrugged my shoulders waiting for him to explain that day.

"I basically planned to bring you out there for a picnic, and when I gave you the dress I also asked you to be my girlfriend. You pretty much answered by kissing me. Do you remember that?" He questioned happy that I had finally remembered something else.

"Awe that's cute, and yes I do remember that, I just didn't know what you had said before it," I said with a smile. It was nice to see him smiling while thinking about a memory with me.

"Well now you do, and I hope tonight will turn out just as perfect," he exclaimed and grabbed my hand that was dangling over the cup holders.

On that note we pulled up to our parking spot to watch the movie.

"Ahh sweet they are playing 'Mean Girls' tonight," I gushed.

Mean Girls is one of my favourite movies and so I've been told also Luke's. I won't be surprised if we are quoting every line.

Luke parked backwards so we could sit in the trunk of his truck. Inside laid two blankets, one to sit on and one two put on top of us. There were also a couple of pillows so we could lean up against them.

"What do you want to eat? I thought we should just eat here because the karaoke will be packed," he asked.

"Um I'm good with a hot dog and a coke. Oh and don't forget popcorn," I answered with a smile.