Chapter 33 - Swimming

The sun was hot today and it was beautiful. I could see the lake glimmering from the sun as there was only a slight breeze to cool us down.

        We hopped the fence and walked to an open patch of grass beside the lake. We spread out our towels and laid on our stomach to let our back soak in the sun. I was half asleep when I felt two strong arms pick me up and walk me somewhere. I opened my eyes and Luke was waist deep in water holding me bridal style.

        "LUKE! I swear to god if you drop me I'll kill you!" I screamed, but I could barley get the last few words out before my entire body and head was under water. I shot out of the cold water and screamed.

        I look over and Theresa was in the same situation as me, both dripping wet from head to toe. We gave each other a smirk knowing exactly what to do. I swear we share the same brain.

        "Skip give me a hug," she said, holding out her arms as I did the same to Luke. Before they could run away we both jumped on them and pulled them under. Jai and Beau were on the floor laughing.

        "Oh, don't think you two are getting away dry," I said, glaring at them.

        "But we didn't do anything," Jai yelled, still in a fit of laughter.

        "Exactly you did nothing, you didn't help us," I said as we ran after them and pulled them into the water.

        We were now all having a water fight and splashing each other like crazy. Luke had been too busy splashing Beau that he didn't notice me sneak up behind him and jump on his back. He spun me around laughing before Jai pulled me off of his back and held me as a target for the boys to splash me.

        "Okay, I surrender!" I yelled raising my arms and Jai finally put me down. 

        "Victory is ours!" All the guys yelled and cheered. I just rolled my eyes and went back to the place I started off at.

        The boys continued to swim and jump off the rocks into the lake, while Theresa and I laid on our towels trying to get our tan on. We both succeeded by getting really burnt, but you have to look at the positives, it will turn into a tan over time.

        Once we got back home it was nearly 4 o'clock and Theresa and Skip had to leave. We were all standing outside as Theresa was about to get in the car with Daniel when I began to get really light headed. I was saying bye when my ears started to ring and I could no long hear or see very well.

        "What's going on?" I mumbled, as I grabbed Jai's shoulder to try and hold myself up. 

        "Kait are you alright?" I heard someone quietly say through all the ringing. 

        "Yeah, I'm totally-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before my eyes rolled back and I was once again on the floor.