Chapter 19 - Will You Be My Girlfiend?

A good 35 minutes past and we finally reached the spot we found on our very first ride. The stream below us was quite today, and there was a bit of a breeze. We tied the horses to a thick branch and we set up our picnic by the old oak tree. Luke had packed pasta salad, strawberries, veal sandwiches, lemonade, and brownies.

        "Did you make all this?" I asked in disbelief.

        "Yeah, but with the help of you're mom," he responded.

        "Awe that's cute," I teased him.

        "Oh just shut up and eat already," he pushed my arm and blushed.

        We sat there talking and eating our sandwiches before Luke began to get up. "Where are you going?" I questioned.

        "I almost forgot, I got you something, one sec." He said and walked towards Jake. He pulled a present out and walked back over sitting crossed legged in front of me.

        "Luke you shouldn't have got me anything, I feel bad," I gushed while he handed me the present. I opened the lid and then held up the beautiful turquoise and black dress that I saw in Urban Planet the other day. I put my hand over my mouth.

        "Kait," he paused for a bit as I put the dress down and looked up at him to find his hazel eyes already staring down at mine, "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked with such a sweet yet nervous voice. I grabbed the back of his neck leaned in and kissed him. He started to kiss back as well. It felt perfect, like electricity surged through my body. "So I take that as a yes?" He chuckled.

        "Of course it's a yes, and thank you for the dress," I responded with my forehead leaning against his.

        "Perfect," he said with a huge smile.

        "Sooo when am I going to be able to wear this beautiful dress?" I hinted to him.

        "Well how about I take you out to dinner when I get back," he responded catching on.

        "Sounds great," I smiled back giving him one more quick kiss.

        "There is one more thing I need to ask you. When we get back from the trip can my brother work and sleep at the farm as well?" He asked and I flashed him a confused face.

        "Uh Luke did that kiss affect your memory, because your brother already works there," I said laughing and furrowing my eyebrows.

        "No, my older brother Beau, he is 20 and no longer wants to stay with my mom in Australia," he chuckled now clearing up the confusion.

        "Oh so you just failed to tell me you had an older brother after all this time," I said with a giggle.

        "Must have slipped my mind," he stated while continuing to laugh.

        "It should be fine, but check with my grandpa first," I nodded.

        "Okay," Luke pulled out his phone and checked the time.

        "Crap it's 5:00 already, we need to get back fast," he informed me while packing things up. He messily threw everything into the saddle pocket and we set off back to the farm.