Chapter 22 - Taken and Alone

The week dragged on as I had expected and it was a very laid back week. I went out with Theresa a couple of times, did my chores, and went for the occasional ride. Today was Sunday and also the day the boys would return. They didn't arrive back until 4 o'clock so I had plenty of time before I needed to pick them up. I had woken up at 9 o'clock and it was 9:45 now. I had already gotten ready, so I quickly made my way towards the barn. I decided to just skip breakfast and head out to the mountains. I took Jewels out today and went straight to the forest, instead of going through the field to get there faster.

        It only took about 15 minutes to get through the forest, until I was on the rocky terrain. I was slowly riding along the river and I was looking down at all the little fish that swam up stream. A couple of birds flew over top of me causing me to look up. Just as I did I heard a gun shot from behind me and when the bullet hit the tree directly to my right, I knew exactly who it was. I whipped my head around, fearing the worst, and before I could even get my eyes to focus on the bodies riding towards me, the sound went off again and there was a massive pain in my lower ribs. Feeling winded and light headed I fell off Jewels and hit my head on one of the river rocks. I was out cold from there.

---------

        My eyes shot open as I sat in a cold sweat, but all I could see was black. I was sitting in a corner and all I could feel on the ground was shavings. I was most likely in an enclosed stall. I sat there for a bit trying to regain my memory and checking for bleeding after being shot. I rubbed the left side of my body to see if I was bleeding but there was nothing, no blood, no bullet wound. Although I could feel that it was severely bruised. What the hell was I hit with? The only thing that was bleeding was a gash in my head from the fall, but it wasn't too bad. After a while my eyes stared to adjust to the darkness and I could easily see that I was in a barn stall. I tried to move around a bit but I was so dizzy that if I moved too much I'd faint.

        I felt as if I was sitting there forever, shaking, cold, hungry, and bloody. Since I'm in a barn then there is no point in screaming because the properties in this town are so far apart that no one would hear me. If I'm even still in Hudson. A small spot in the shavings then began to glow and I could hear it vibrating. I aimlessly searched for my phone and I finally got to it. The time read 5:06 pm and I frantically fumbled with the phone as happiness rushed through me. Thank god the hunters are stupid enough to not check for a phone. I pressed answer and heard Luke's voice.

        "Kait hey. We're are you? We have been waiting for-" I cut him off.

        "L-Luke I've been kidnapped, I don't know where I am. I was riding Jewels and then was hit with something. Next thing I know I'm locked up in some kind of stall. Luke it was the hunters for sure, they said they would get Jewels back." I said all in one breath and now began to cry a bit.

        "What! Kait are you hurt? Where are you? We need to find you!" He said in a panic.

        "I have been shot with something and I have a gash in my head, but I'm fine. I have no clue where I am Luke," I responded trying to catch my breath.

        "Well is there any windows or anything you can look through?" He asked while trying to calm me down.

        "One sec, let me check," with shaky legs I tried to get up but fell. "Luke I can't get up," I spoke.

        "Come on Kait you have to try again. Try using the wall," He responded and I could hear him biting his nails from the other side of the phone. I did as he said and used the wall to hold myself up. Finally getting my balance I shined my phone light against the walls with a shaky hand. I scanned the whole perimeter until I came across two handles. I pulled them as hard as I could almost falling again, but catching myself. Behind the doors revealed a window with bars aligned from top to bottom.

        "Luke I've found a window," I said with some hope.

        "Okay, what do you see?" He asked.

        "I see a bunch of trees, I'm in a barn beside a small cabin, and a small creek filled with only pebbles it looks like....OH MY GOD Luke I'm at the abandon cabin beside Stoney Creek. Tell my grandpa he will know exactly where I am!" I said getting excited that I might actually be saved.

        "Okay I'll go tell him, Kait stay on the phone me," he demanded as I heard him move around a lot.

        "Luke I don't feel so good," I spoke clutching my stomach. I haven't had anything to eat today, and the blow to my head was making me dizzy.

        "No no no Kait stay with me please," He begged raising his voice a little and I could hear it crack like he was about to cry.

        "Luke help," I managed to squeak out before I hit the ground hard. Before completely blacking out, I heard Luke yell my name, then I was gone.