Chapter 16 - Friendly Date

It has been a couple days since Jai's first riding lesson, and he has continued to learn. The puppies are doing great and settling in well, they roam the farm, but never far enough to where we can't see them. The competition is in two days and the boys are leaving for Australia tomorrow. I can't say that I won't miss them. They will be back in a week though, so I'll live. The boys don't leave until 7:00 at night, so Luke said that he wanted to go with me on a ride tomorrow. That means that today is my day to spend with Jai. We decided that we were going to go to Go Karting and then for lunch at Denny's.

        I got out of bed and took a long hot shower, when I got out I dried my hair and just left it in it's naturally straight state, put on the regular amount of make-up, and got dressed slowly. I put on cute black shorts, a black and white tribal print crop top, and my black shoes that were lined with spikes. I walked out to the kitchen to see a massive breakfast and everyone sitting at the table waiting for me. 

        "You could have started without me," I said as I sat down.

        "Well, what's the point of making Sunday breakfast if not everyone is here?" My grandpa stated with a smile. I nodded my head and everyone began to dig in.

        "Alright Kait, are you ready to go?" Jai asked while drying his hands from helping me with the dishes.

        "Yup, let me just grab my money," I responded before jogging back to room and grabbing my phone that held my money in the case. I rarely ever use wallets or purses, I hate holding them. I skipped out of the house to see Jai pull his car around to the front pathway so I could get in.

        The drive there wasn't awkward at all, talking to Jai was so easy. I think it's because our personalities are so similar and for the both of us everything is just a big joke. We get each other. Once we arrived at the Go Karting we both immediately started trying on helmets -that looked absolutely horrible on us- after paying.        

         The people there were super cranky when all I wanted was the yellow go kart and they continued to yell, "you get what you get, now go wait your turn."

        The whole time we couldn't stop laughing, and taking pictures in our ridiculous outfits. It was finally our turn and I got put in a shitty blue car, and Jai was in a red one.

        "Okay so here's the deal... whoever loses has to buy lunch today," I challenged.

        "Deal," he nodded in response.

        "You're going down," I narrowed my eyes at him while revving my engine.

        "In you dreams Kait," He rolled his eyes and drove away getting a head start.

        "Hey that's cheating!" I screamed, but quickly sped of to catch up.

        We did about 6 laps until the worker told us we had to come off. We went around once more and Jai was slightly ahead. I pushed on the gas as hard as I could and came up beside Jai. We weren't supposed to bump into people when driving, but I could not let Jai win for two reasons: he will never let me hear the end of it and I don't have enough money for the both of us. I veered out to the right and then back towards Jai and crashed right into his kart. He swerved to the side a little bit and I pulled ahead while laughing.

        "You're insane!" I think I heard him shout, but I was too focused on the finish line, which I ended up passing before he did.

        I jumped out of the kart and did a little dance. "You're buying lunch, you're buying lunch!" I sang as he slowly pulled up to park.

        "But you cheated!" He fought back.

        "Well you cheated at the beginning, you had that hit coming for you," I shrugged before swinging my arm over his shoulder.

        "Alright I'll buy lunch, but you owe me," he said as he put his arm around my waist.

        We arrived at Denny's about twenty minutes later and took our seats. We ordered two coke floats to start us off. The whole time we talked about lots of things, the dogs, Jai riding, leaving for Australia, sometime in between our food arrived, and we some how got onto the topic of Luke - awkward-.

        "So are you guys together?" Jai asked, biting his lip.

        "I don't know, we haven't really talked about that night," I said looking at my drink an swirling the straw.

        It's odd talking about my relationship with his twin brother. I can't decide if it's a good odd or bad odd. It could be good because Jai could be the middle man, give me insight on what Luke is feeling. Or it could be bad because he may not want to hear it, but then again he was the one who brought the whole topic up.

        "Oh," he responded with a bit of a smile snapping me our of my thoughts.

        "Enough about me, what about you? Do you have your eye on anyone?" I asked teasingly.

        "Yeah I do actually," He said with his cheeks going cheery red.

        "Ohhhh, who is it?" I cooed back interested.

        "I can't tell you," he shrugged.

        "Why not?" I asked pouting.

        "I just can't, okay," He grew frustrated, raising his voice a bit. 

        "Okay calm down, but I'll find out sooner or later," I smirked.

        "Well lets go with later," he nodded back returning the smile.

        The ride back home was quick and Jai suggested that we should have a movie night in the loft, and I could just fall asleep on the extra bed.

---------

Do you guys ship Kait and Luke, or Kait and Jai? Comment on what you answers are.