Chapter 22 : Promise me.

Comenzar desde el principio

"Unnie, you're being spaced out again.." Umji said cutely when I didn't give a respond to their conversation.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"About our manager. I can't believe he would pulled such an action like that. Why can't he tell us everything?" SinB exclaimed, she's still emotional with Manager Jo's death.

"If he had told us, what can we really do to help him? We barely have our own money to live in that house," I said, picking up my pillow and hugged it tightly.

"Well, atleast we can help light up his mood andㅡ"

"But now he's dead. Let bygones be bygones, SinB-ya.." Umji spat, her tears streaming on her cheeks.

I moved closer to her, brushed her back while hugging her. I already treated these two like my younger sisters. SinB is more like a tomboyish girl. I haven't seen her cry, just hear her sniffing on the phone when she told me about Manager Jo two weeks ago. Umji.. I just can't see her crying. She looked so fragile, and the thought of her crying making me want to protect her from all costs. Geez, I sounded like a protective boyfriend, aren't I?

Speaking about boyfriend, I was thinking how am I going to tell Jungkook about this? I haven't meet him yet after the funeral because of their practices for their new follow up song. The thought of him already makes me missed him so much.

"Can I switch off the light?" SinB spoke, knowing that the three of us were already sleepy and tired because of the meetings and cryings.

Umji and me hummed, as a yes to her question.

---

2:00 a.m.

I still can't sleep. I am sleepy but these eyes still stubborn, not allowing myself to dozed off. Both of the girls were already sleeping soundly. I can hear SinB's soft snores with Umji's little sleeptalking, making me laughing silently as I tried to walked myself out from the room.

I went downstairs slowly. The house was totally dark, totally silent without Namjoon's dying truck's snores. I remembered the first time I heard his snores. I was totally laughing on the floor with my wounded knees. I'm gonna miss this..

As I switched the lights on, I walked around the living room, the memory of the first time I gathered with the members flashed into my mind back. I laughed quietly, remembering how V introduced himself at the first place. Then, I sat on the couch, where Jungkook and me slept together during the night he almost died freezing.

I can feel these warm tears started to filled up my eyes. I can't believe I become this weak after living in this house almost for two months.

Putting my knees closer to my chest, I suddenly remembered about Manager Jo. The man who helped me moved into this house.

A few weeks ago.

"We've checked his background, his house, his phone and all the things he had. His house was almost empty without any furnitures, and there were a lot of warning letters related with depts and bills. His phone full with blackmail messages. And his wife was nowhere to be seen. We concluded that his suicide happened because of he was stressed out of these things," a young police, with an age between 20 to 25, explained to us at the funeral.

I gasped to hear the awful things that happened to Manager Jo. "How could his wife left him, not staying by his side and help him deal with the problems?" These words unknowingly came right out of my lips, the members and the girls were totally surprised with my dumb question.

The police smiled lightly at me, "You're cute," pointing his ballpen towards me, making me uncomfortable with his smirks.

"Yes, she is. So, any explaination for her question, sir?" Jungkook held my waist, pulled me close to him.

I curled my lips, try not to laugh when the smile fading on the police's face.

He cleared his throat, "So, we tried to find informations about his wife, and it turns out his wife was the one who caused the unsettled depts. She borrowed a huge total of money from loan sharks and she also involved in gambling, which explained the huge amount of depts," he showed us the documents about Manager Jo's wife.

On our way back home, Bang PD-nim returned our phones back which were certainly made the three of us shocked.

---

"He could've used our phones to clear up a few depts.." I spoke lowly, almost can't be heard by anyone.

I was sitting on a swing with Jungkook who was pushing my back slowly. The swing started to move backward and forward.

"But he didn't.." Jungkook replied. Well, I didn't realized he heard my mumbling.

"Manager Jo was totally a kind-hearted man. I can't believe his wife would've done such a cruel thing like that!" I spoke, while holding tightly to the chain of the swing.

Jungkook stopped the swing from moving and he kneeled infront of me. "I never seen you so angry like this before," he chuckled as his hands reached mine.

"You're freezing.." He said, bringing my hands closer to his lips and blew onto them, to make a little bit warm.

I smiled at him with his sweet things that he had done to me. "You know, the police was kinda cute," I grinned wickedly at him after I saw he furrowed his eyebrowes at me.

"But I'm cuter than him," he replied.

"Eww, noㅡAHHHH JUNGKOOK-AH!" I shouted when he tried to bite my finger with his bunny teeth. "OKAY! OKAY! JEON JUNGKOOK IS CUTER THAN THE POLICE!"

"Promise me you won't leave me for the police?" He looked up at me with puppy eyes.

My eyes widen. I couldn't believe he actually fall for my joke. "Hey, I'm joking. You're still my cutie bunny," I chuckled, pinching his cheeks.

---

Present.

"Hello?"

"Haven't sleep yet?" I smiled to hear that sweet, raspy voice again.

"I can't sleep.." I whined, adjusting my butt on the couch. I continued, "I missed you. When are you going back home?"

"Err.. Maybe a couple days. I missed you too.." He said slowly, maybe too sleepy.

"I'll wait. Now, go to sleep. Sorry to disturb you," I chuckled when he tried to talk again as I've disconnected the call.

A few seconds later, my phone ringed. Jungkook..

"That's rude to hang up your phone before letting me say anything." He muttered.

"Oopss. My bad. Okay, what are you going to say?"

"I love you, Eunha," he said. And when I just want reply his words, he hanged the call up.

Geez.. This boy.

---

A few minutes after the call, I left my phone the table while I was in the kitchen, searching for some food.

I was going to boil some water to cook ramyeon, since it was the only instant food I can found in the food storage. And Jin oppa was too busy with their practices so no one was going to buy the groceries in this house.

While waiting the water to boil, I heard my phone ringed. The thought of Jungkook calling again made me smile, "Does this boy knew the definition of sleeping?" I mumbled slowly while jogged to the living room to pick up my phone.

Without looking at the name on the screen, I quickly slide my finger on the screen to answer it. I intentionally let myself silent to make him speak first.

"Hi.." I looked on the screen, an unknown number popped up and that's when I realized, this wasn't Jungkook..

His voice was softer than Jungkook. "Hello?" I said.

"Hello," he chuckled, "Remember me?"