Temporary High (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

He was absolutely mindblown.

He really had thought that Mitch had lied to him about thinking so much on that day when they'd both gone through their own little crises, but he seemed to genuinely want to get better and it was evident right away. Even if Mitch decided that he didn't want to be with Scott in the end, he was trying his best to rid himself of his harmful post-breakup routine and he was eager to prove to Scott that he was working hard at it. He was doing all of this for him, as if he owed it to him for how bad he'd gotten over the past few months and what it had led to. And now here he was, standing next to him and watching him anxiously in the mirror as he brushed his teeth with a bit of a smile on his face.

"Oh, God, Scotty. You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Are you making fun of me?" He reached his hand behind Scott's head and nudged him down towards the sink. "How long do you usually take with this? Come on, spit it out already so you can kiss your brand new boyfriend!"

Scott rinsed his mouth, laughing as he reached for his towel. 'Brand new boyfriend'? Mitch was so eager to be with him already and it was so cute, he really couldn't think of another word for it. He was nearly buzzing with excitement as Scott picked him up from under his thighs and set him on the sink counter, the blond resting his hands on the thin boy's waist and standing between his knees.

"So we're really together now? For real? Is this a thing?"

"Yes! It's a thing. It's Sunday, Scott! You said one week of sobriety before I could have you, and it's been a week! I'm haven't even touched alcohol and I haven't been to a single party and-"

"I know, I know. I'm so proud of you, Mitch. I'm just a little surprised that you still want me, that's all."

Mitch smiled up at him and wasted no time in leaning close, kissing him sweetly. Scott closed his eyes and moved tentatively against Mitch's plump, pretty lips and let the happy boy play and explore around his mouth. Butterflies flooded from his stomach to every other part of his body when Mitch rested his hand against Scott's cheek, running his tongue along his bottom lip and trying to familiarize himself with his kiss. Scott blushed when Mitch let out a little moan of satisfaction after a while, happy that he seemed to be enjoying the kiss as much as he was.

He waited until Mitch finally pulled away before wrapping his arms around him and pulling him to his chest. Mitch swung his legs happily against the counter as Scott looked at their reflection in the mirror. He watched Mitch's back and shoulders move as he wrapped his arms around Scott's waist, pulling him close and snuggling up against his chest, reciprocating his hug. He seemed so comfortable with him, so happy, and Scott couldn't help but tear up and smile when he heard Mitch let out a little sigh of content.

"Mitchie, baby. Oh my god. I haven't seen you smile and laugh so much in weeks. I can't...you seem so happy, sweetheart."

"I am happy, Scott." He nuzzled into the crook of his neck, smiling against his skin. "I'm in a relationship with a beautiful man who's cared for me so much and for so long. It's only been, like, eight minutes but I already feel something. You have such a big heart, Scotty, and I don't have to worry about anyone ever hurting it because it's in my hands now! I'm going to be so good to you, Scott, I'm gonna take such good care of you and I'm gonna love you so much! Oh my god, I can't wait to love you! I have so much catching up to do, you've set the bar so high already and today's just our first day together. I'm so ready to give you my whole entire heart and I know you're ready to have it, Scott, so how could I not be happy?"

Scott couldn't speak. His throat was tightening up and he watched them in the mirror, forgetting for a moment that they were two separate entities. The way Mitch was cuddling up to him made him feel so warm that he thought they might melt into a puddle together.

"And Scott, you gave me a whole week to get myself together and I worked so hard for you. I'm so glad you gave me rules, you were right. You were right about everything. I wanted to give you my best self, and look! I'm sober and happier and slowly getting back to normal, and best of all, I have you! I mean, I had you before too, but Scott, now I don't need anything. I have a best friend and a lover all rolled into one beautiful man and...and I can't believe I wasted so much time not being with you, Scott. I feel so full, I could cry."

He pulled away from him and reached for Scott's face, not at all surprised that the blond had tears running down his cheeks. He leaned in to kiss him again, melting into the comfort and warmth of Scott's lips. Was this swelling in his heart the same thing that Scott had felt for him these past few years while Mitch just ignored him? He would go back and kiss him every minute of every day if he knew Scott could make him feel so complete and at peace with himself.

Scott pulled away for air and gently brushed Mitch's tears away before wiping at his own. This was so much, way better than any dream he'd ever had of this becoming a possibility. He choked on his voice a little, completely overwhelmed by the words that had just left his boy's mouth. "Love you, Mitchie."

"I'm getting there too, Scotty, I swear. You're so good for me and I can't wait to say those words back to you, I can't wait. I'm so ready to fall completely in love with you, Scott. My heart is doing little flips just looking at you right n- oh, nooo! I'm sorry. Don't cry, honey, come here." He hugged Scott close, smiling into his shoulder when he felt hot tears fall onto his neck. "Don't cry, sweetheart. Im sorry, I didn't mean to be so sappy. We're finally together and we're gonna be so happy. We're gonna make each other so happy, I know it. Wow, can you believe we just had our first real kiss? And in a bathroom?"

Scott shook his head against Mitch's shoulder, chuckling tearfully.

"Me either. So tasteless. Come on, wash that pretty face so that we can go kiss somewhere more classy!"

Guys, I'm actually pretty happy about this one😭 Would you be annoyed with me if I did a part 5? Wouldn't a "first time" be so cute? I don't wanna drag this out too long and ruin it but...I mean...