Queen Bee: Chapter 13

~Natasha~

                “I guess that’s what you meant when you said I’m back,” Tess growls into the phone.

                “No. No it’s not, I didn’t do it,” I plead hoping maybe she’ll believe me.

                I know she won’t. I know it’s a false hope, but can you blame me? I’m losing everything I love here.

                “How can I? I know what you’re capable of,” she tells me.

                I can hear she’s on the verge of tears. I look down at the floor.

                “Because I’ve done some horrible things, I know,” I start my voice cracking, “But I’ve never lied to you,” I reply before hanging up the pay phone.

                There’s no reason to try and convince her anymore. She won’t believe me…I guess I don’t expect her to.

                The scene at the principal’s office replays in my head endlessly. The look of sympathy and disgust meshed into his otherwise expressionless face; the smug look on Camille’s face; the hatred in Trent’s eyes when I opened the door to see he had been eavesdropping…like I had expected him to.

                “She’s been bringing drugs to school. She’s an addict. You know this isn’t her first incident. She’s a thief and a druggie,” Camille accuses.

                “What? That’s not true,” I immediately defend.

                How does she even know about me stealing?

                “Oh and she’s a liar too,” Camille chirps.

                “What are you talking about?” I scream outraged.

                “Oh and she has anger management issues. Yeah, she really is a piece of work,” Camille continues.

                I grit my teeth together, “Mr. Rivers please tell me what’s going on,”

                He turns to stare at me, “Camille here has informed me of your addiction problem. I thought the drug situation had been resolved in Australia but since it hasn’t I’m afraid I’ll have to take action,” he informs me.

                “Wh-what?” I stutter out extremely confused, “I never had a drug problem!” I argue.

                “That’s what you say,” Mr. Rivers responds.