What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 19

A: Here’s the part I owe you:)

~Serenity~

            I take a few deep breathes before walking up to the door. Caden had sped away on his motorcycle after promising to see me tomorrow at school.

            I gulp before lifting my fingers up to the knob. After a brief moment’s hesitation I turn the door knob; ready to start my new relationship with James.

            Remember he’s like your brother. Pretty soon he’ll be your step brother….

            You have no appeal towards him. He does not have strong muscles and gorgeous eyes.

            Okay Serenity not helping!

            Sighing I take an unsteady step inside. To my good fortune no one’s around.

            Content I walk further in. Suddenly, out of nowhere, James comes from around the corner. One sight of him and I’m torn between running into to his arms and smacking him silly for kissing another girl.

            He smiles at me simply before making his way to the kitchen. I look down at my feet disappointed. I mean what was I expecting? A profound apology where he tells me he can’t live without me?

            Well duh.

            Shut up, brain!

            Oh gosh you’re going crazy.

            I said shut up!

            Shaking my head at my idiocy I slip my feet out of my boots. Then I start walking towards my room my head still deciding whether or not I should run after James.

~Josh~

            “What?” I ask incredibly confused.

            “I-that-don’t,” I stutter until suddenly it all clicks.

            James’s and Tiffany’s secret outings, the mumblings, the late night calls, the sneaking to each other’s houses at night, and lastly the knowing glances.

            “You and him slept together, didn’t you?” I ask already knowing the answer.

            “I-I fell for him,” Tiffany sniffles.

            I let go of her now. She no longer seems to need my comfort.

            “When?” I ask.

            “Two years ago,” she says the tears brewing again. She blinks them back.

            “I started feeling things for him two years ago, but he hates me now,” she continues blinking rapidly now.

            “Why?” I ask, “Why did he distance himself from you then?”

            She looks away for a while before turning back to me; eyes red shot.

            “I don’t know. The last time we talked he was at the football game. We met behind the school before the game started,” she starts before letting out a long breath.

            The same night Serenity saved his life. And yes guys do tell each other stuff.

            “We laughed some. I-I kissed him. I couldn’t help myself,” she looks down at the floor, “And then I wished him good luck. He laughed and told me he didn’t need it. Everything was normal. But after that he started talking to me less, only waving when we saw each other in the halls, and then he stopped all contact with me. I don’t know what happened that night,” she says.