What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 23

Part 3! Vote and Comment my peeps:D

~Kat~

                “La-LA-la dedah!” I sing out loudly getting a few strange looks from the growing crowd.

                Beside me Serenity blushes like crazy and tries to hide her face under her hoodie.

                “La-LA-la!” I finish off highly off key.

                “Okay you owe me ten bucks,” I say turning to Serenity.

                She grumbles something incoherent under her breath before pulling out the bill.

                “I totally did not think that through,”

                I laugh, “Yeah, you embarrassed yourself too,” I say grinning.

                “Oh shut up!” she says just as I skip into Forever 21.

                I look around the store before settling on the clearance racks. After looking through them I find a purple v-neck for eight dollars. Knowing that’s probably as lucky as I’m going to get I make my way over to the cashier.

                “Serenity?!” I call when I notice she’s no longer at my side.

                “What?” she asks popping up from behind a sales rack.

                I almost die from a heart attack, “Don’t sneak up on me!”

                She laughs, “Hey I had to get you back somehow,” she replies wiggling her eyebrows.

                I push her away.

*****

                After walking around the mall for a few hours we make it to the food court. Suddenly I start chuckling under my breath. Serenity joins me.

                “Good times,” I say remembering the James scenario.

                “Agreed,” Serenity says before plopping down on a chair, “Those were the days, so simple,” she proceeds to say.

                “Serenity you are not fifty years old with a family, okay?” I ask.

                She laughs, “What? They were!”

                I roll my eyes at her, “It is nice though, just hanging out,”

                “Yeah, the two of us, like it used to be,” she says smiling.

                “Definitely,”

                But then out of nowhere Caden pops up. He smiles before pulling out a chair and settling down next to Serenity.

                “Hey, what a surprise,” he says.

                Serenity smiles, but it doesn’t quite reach her eyes.       

                Caden doesn’t seem to notice and instead leans over and pecks Serenity on the cheek; like a real couple would do. I guess to him they are.

                “Hey Caden,” Serenity greets.

                “Um we’re sort of having some bonding time,” I say trying not to come off as incredibly rude.