Excuse Me?: Chapter 7

The music starts; a feisty Latin beat. I smile saucily and start swaying my feet. I step forward, middle, back, middle before starting to go in a circular motion. Then, once we’ve hit fifteen steps Trent twirls me around. I stand on the very tips of my toes and continue to spin as the crowd starts to cheer.

                Then abruptly I stop and fall into Trent. He drags me across the circle before grabbing me firmly by the waist and swinging me from side to side. Once I’m back on the ground I turn around and rub my back into Trent before spinning back up and popping my hips. I step away from him and shake; you know how Jennifer Lopez can shake her entire body? Yeah, well I can do that too.

 Finally Trent grabs my waist and twirls me around before tipping me back. I hitch a leg over his waist and bend back to the furthest point; him looming over me.

In the distance I hear Camille give an angry “hmmf” and the crowd cheering. But I’m too busy breathing hard and a little dazed to care. Trent looks down at me his eyes darkening and I find myself leaning up while he leans down and right before our lips can connect someone screams my name.

I snap out of it to see Ethan coming my way. I smile at him as Trent brings me to my feet and lets me go; our unknown moment gone.

“You were great!” Ethan congratulates hugging me.

I smile.

“Yeah I’m pretty great in general,” I reply cockily.

He laughs and behind me Trent shifts.

“I also had a pretty good dance partner,” I add.

“Pretty good? Doll, I was amazing for a first timer,” Trent says getting back into his annoying attitude.

“Ehh,” I say waving my hand.

Trent pouts and I laugh before a girlish shriek is heard.

I look up just in time to see Camille coming at me with a punch bowl. I side-step and duck just as she throws the punch.

“You bitch! Why don’t you stay where you are and be useful,” she screeches angrily.

Wow, this girl is mental.

“Now Que-I mean-Camille, you need to calm down and not embarrass yourself,’ I coax.

“No, you need to get the hell out of here!” she screeches back.

“Camille calm down!” I say more forcefully.

“Don’t tell me what to do! You-you wh0re!” she shrieks and I feel it before I see it.

She full out b!tch slaps me. I feel the stinging pain spread across my cheek and immediately furry starts to build in my stomach.

“Oh no you didn’t!” I ask outraged.

“Yeah I did,” she says titling her snobby little head to the side.

“No, you didn’t,” I reply before bringing my hand up to her face.

Of course she ducks, but I bring my fist out and punch her in the stomach. She groans and reaches for my hair, but I pull back entirely.

“You’re not worth it,” I sneer turning around.

I hear her starting to lunge at me when a loud siren cuts through the air. Immediately people start shuffling out of the house. I try to move, but all hell has broken loose and I find myself pushed around. Suddenly I feel a hand grasp my wrist.

I look up to see Trent smiling down at me.

“Let’s go!” He shouts over the crowd and I finally snap back into reality.