What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 14

~Serenity~

                Silence.

                I peak through my fingers to see James’s blank face. Then, he grins. I literally find myself pushing against the wall; both shocked and a little scared.

                “Not for long,” he whispers his breath blowing against my cheek.

                I shiver and watch as he walks away.

                What just happened?

~Friday~

                “No! No! NO!” Kat screams causing a headache to start building under my skin, “That will not do!”

                “Kat, it’s just dinner!” I argue annoyed.

                “So? It’s still a date,” Kat argues digging through my closet.

                “Kat!” I yell trying to make her stop, but it’s no use. The stubborn girl has made it her job to dress me for my date.

                “Oh just go sit while I get everything ready,” Kat retorts.

                I sigh and with a roll of my eyes I walk over towards my bed.

                “Aha!” Kat screams a few moments later.

                “What?” I ask a bit nervous.

                Oh god what did she find?

                “This!” Kat shouts enthusiastically before holding up a plaid, short, belt-looped dress; half the waist cut off.

                “Hell no!” I yell before I start running.

~Kat~

                I laugh and count to ten. Then I bolt after her.

                “Serenity! Oh Serenity!” I call remembering this was so much easier when she didn’t live in a four story mansion.

                “Serenity!” I yell once again.

                In reality the dress is a lot more her style than she realizes. I know when she tries it on she’ll love it. Now if I could only find her…

                *Sneeze*

                I turn as I hear someone cuss under their breath.

                “A swearing curtain, that’s unique,” I say before yanking the curtain and revealing an angry Serenity.

                I smile wickedly at her as she growls.

                “Come on puppy! Come to mama,” I say sarcastically as I grab her wrist and begin to drag her away.

                She barks viscously before I start laughing and she cracks a grin.

                I drag her back to her room before throwing the dress at her and walking out.

                “I am not trying on this dress!” Serenity states from the other side of the door.

                “It’s not my fault you couldn’t get far enough to find a better hiding spot than a curtain,” I remind her.

                She makes a funny noise before sighing in defeat. I smile…my work here is done.