Dear Players...Chapter 40- The End

A: Alright guys, I didn't think it would be so dramatic when I wrote this, but the beginning kind of is. Anyways I hope you like the ending and thanks for all the support! You've been great fans so thank you so much! Please remember to vote and comment, and I'm not sure if I'm making an epilogue, so it might be the last time! Make it count please! :D

(P.S. I have started a NEW stories! Any support would be beyond appreciated!)

~Chloe~

So that's it. That's the end of the story. I played them all and guess what I found out.

I'm still hurt.

Oddly enough Hank played me too-after all.

And now I feel stupid, and humiliated, and hurt.

I walked away that night. At first I let out a breath and felt powerful. I felt good- free even. I don't know what I thought, but I think it was something along the lines of "everything will be fine." I think I thought that everything would go back to the way before. I thought I would see him the next day and he would smile that same old cocky smile- that he would forget his feelings towards me and we would be friends; that we would go out and do the things we've been doing all along. This time there would be no bet to stop us from just saying what we felt, but of course that didn't happen.

After I walked away I half expected him to come after me. I thought he would grab me from behind and I don't know- maybe I had the image in mind. Maybe, with my back pressed against his chest, with the electricity pulsing through us- I would have said yes. I would have told him that if he left the bet far-far behind I would be his girlfriend.

I wanted-want to get to know the real him. I want to know what goes through his head. I want to know if he's really the person I started to fall for. I think that's what stopped me from turning around and going back myself.

Deep in my mind there's a little voice that keeps asking me, "Do you know him at all?"

And the question is, "Do I?"

What if the Hank I got to know was the game-face Hank? What if he's completely different? What if all the things he told me, when he was opening up to me, were only things I wanted to hear?

What if he's a lie? What if that last question was all part of playing me?

It makes sense- him asking me if I want to be his girlfriend and then waiting for me to say yes. What if I had? What if he didn't hold me in his arms and spin me around? What if that was his plan; to have me say yes and then finally play me. Tell me I'm a fool for thinking that he, the biggest player of them all, could have really fallen for me.

After all he didn't come after me and since then I haven't seen more than his profile. He comes home late at night and in school he avoids me- he sits with people I didn't even know he was friends with. In science class he made Brandon sit with him, Stella, and her friends in a different table.

They all act like it's not strange even though I'm positive they don't know what happened. But at the same time they don't dare ask. Dan hasn't even bothered asking. He doesn't question why Hank's barely home and in fact he'll go out with him sometimes. They come home drunk and every once in a while I see random girls clinging around Hank- anywhere.

And then I begin to wonder if that's the real him. I never truly met the real player Hank and I'm guessing I finally have. I'm not so fond of him. But I know that's the real Hank because the one I met- the one I thought he was- would have come after me. He would have tried to prove that he truly cares about me.

So now I'm almost positive that he lied.

He was never in love with me.

** 1 week later**