Dear Players...Chapter 5

I just want to start by saying you guys are AHHHHMMAZZINGGG!

Longer chapters & upload not so often? Shorter chapters & often uploads?

Okay, now go enjoy…hopefully:D

~Chloe~

                I watch Brandon carefully as he sets his tray down on one of the nearby tables. What can he possibly be up to? My question's answered when he plops down on one knee and takes out an 24 K gold ring from his pocket.

                I hear a few snickers in the background and again I get that really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

                “Chloe, from the moment I laid eyes on you I fell hopelessly in love with you! I can’t imagine being with anyone else.” He bellows and all eyes are on us. I can feel my cheeks turning crimson red no matter how much I will them not to.

                He, on the other hand, is completely calm if not excited. He’s grinning like an idiot. The whole cafeteria becomes quiet as they wait for him to continue. All eyes are on me and I flush even brighter at the unwelcomed attention. He’s doing this on purpose. Don’t let it get to you.

                “Will you do me the honor of marrying me?” he concludes bringing the gorgeous ring closer to my face. I hear a few more snickers and I know what they expect. Everyone including Brandon expects me to run away embarrassed and so I decide I’m not giving him the satisfaction.

                “I-“ it seems as if the whole cafeteria leans in so I decide to speak up. When I speak again my voice is strong and it booms across the cafeteria. “Well of course Brandon. I’d me honored to marry you.”

                No one speaks and a face of surprise passes over Brandon. No one expected me to say yes. So I take the opportunity to snatch the ring out of his hands. He quickly reacts.

                “Uh, she said yes!” he announces to the cafeteria. A few mock cheers and some applause is heard. High School. Whatcha going to do?

                He then proceeds to pick me up and twirl me around.

                “It would be joyous to marry you!” he exclaims.

                I burst out laughing.

                “Joyous? What are you an English man?” (sorry to anyone who uses the word joyous I don’t mean to be rude lol)

                Then the whole room either bursts into laughter or gives me a proud look. Why would they be proud? Before I can dwell more on the subject I feel Becka pull me away from Brandon.

                “Oh come on you two.” She says shaking her head at our idiocy as Brandon and I grab our lunch trays and follow her to our table.

                Once we sit down I ask Becka why people look proud and she responds by saying that Brandon does that to all the new girls throughout the years. I’m the only one who hasn’t broke into tears, ran away, or become in a trance like state. She was about to say more when Brandon quickly cuts her off.

                “She does not need to know about the incident!” He exclaims.

                “What incident?” I ask, but of course I’m ignored.

                “Anyways give me back the ring.” Brandon says changing the subject.

                “Nope. I said yes, didn’t I? I’m going to keep the ring.” I proclaim.