What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 24

Part 4- sorry this is a shorty:(, but it's pretty funny soo...i think it helps make up for it!

Remember to COMMENt and VOte!~

I spit out my water before my eyes widen. I fake a few coughs before laughing awkwardly.

                “Sorry I had a tickle in my throat,” I explain trying to sound convincing.

                “I do that right Kat?” I say when no one seems convinced.

                “Totally,” Kat agrees looking somewhat honest.

                Well, that at least helps.

                “So when did this happen?” I ask.

                “Saturday,” Meghan says leaning into James, “We’ve gone out a couple times.”

                She giggles then and gives James a knowing look, if you get what I mean.

                “But now we’ve finally decided to get to actually know each other,” she finishes.

                “Ahh, that’s great,” I say just as the bell rings.

                I turn around in Caden’s arms, give him a kiss on the cheek, and then scurry away.

                Smooth Serenity, so, so smooth.

                After shaking my head at how stupid I must have looked I run to my first period class not bothering to go to my locker.

****

                I jab my fork into my salad angrily.

                “Whoa, what did the salad ever do to you?” Kat asks sitting down next to me.

                To explain, James and Meghan are currently being adorable on the other side of the table! Right in front of me! Luckily Caden had to do something or whatever and he’s not eating with us. I don’t think he would be very happy if he knew I was throwing a fit over the fact that James was making out with another girl. Yes, they’ve moved on to that.

                And I don’t care.             

                At least that’s what I tell myself as I jab my half beaten salad into my mouth and chew.

                “What kind is that?” Kat asks looking at the limp lettuce and squished tomatoes.

                I plop a chunk of feta cheese in my mouth.

                “Greek?” I offer not taking my eyes off James and how he’s shoving his tongue down Meghan’s throat.

                Disgusting.

                “Honey that’s not a salad anymore,” Kat says nodding her head at me.

                I don’t look away. She sighs before forcing the fork out of my hand and getting the salad away from me.

                She throws both out and I’m tempted to get up and get another fork so I can stab the table with it. But I don’t. Yeah, I’m a lazy bum.

                “Serenity,” someone says from next to me.

                “Hmm,” I respond still focused on James.

                Gosh, how do they not come up for air?!

                “Serenity look at me,” I grudgingly pry my eyes off them to see Josh staring at me with cocked eyebrows.

                I narrow my own and frown.

                “What?” I ask.

                “I think you need some fresh air. Let’s go,” he says.

                “I’m perfectly fine. Thank you,” I reply returning my eyes to James who’s moved back to simply being cute with Meghan instead of making out.

                Hey, that’s at least a little better.

                And I know what you’re all thinking. How is she not mad now when before he simply kissed another girl?

                Well now I’m taken and he has all the right to do whatever he wants with any girl; especially since I’m the one who broke everything-if we had anything- off.

                Damn, why am I so stupid?

                “I don’t think so,” Josh says grabbing onto my shoulder.

                “Josh it’s okay. I’m good.”

                “Um, I’m not so sure.”

                I glare at him.

                “F*ck off,” I snarl, my blood boiling, as Meghan reaches over to entice James into another kiss.

                “Whoa!” he replies, “That’s it we’re going out for some fresh air.”

                Then without warning he grabs me and throws me over his shoulders.

                I don’t even bother fighting him. Instead I hang limply.

                He laughs at this, “That bad?” he asks.

                I ignore him at first.

                “I’m tired,” I finally reply.

                “Sure,” he says sarcastically and I can basically see him rolling his eyes.

                “Shut up!” I yell annoyed.

                There are a few moments of silence until we finally reach the courtyard. Josh sets me down and I fall onto his chest. He laughs quietly and I feel his chest rumble.

                Then I look up at him.

                “Josh, why do couples have to be so disgustingly cute?” I ask.