What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 2

A: Hey thanks for the support:D Please vote, comment, fan, you know!!

                I walk through the woods enjoying the silence until it’s not so silent anymore. There are several snaps around me and I know I better get out of the woods. Who knows what kind of ravenous animals are lurking around me right now? It’s funny how the same things that make me like the darkness are the things that make it dangerous.

                So I cut through the woods diagonally. This way I would be out of it quickly. Once I make my way past the towering trees and step into the street I wrap my jacket around me a little tighter. I look down to avoid eye contact with anyone and scurry along. If I keep to myself then no one will notice me. That’s the only way to keep yourself safe from a thug around here.

                Suddenly screams and squealing tires fill my ears. I snap my head up only to see a boy standing in the middle of the road. A speeding car is heading his way and I can tell he’s not making any movement to get out of the way. It’s not your problem Serenity.

                What an idiot.

                As the thought goes throw my head my feet start moving; the gravel from the road flying all around me. I push myself harder. I have to be faster. My feet pound against the asphalt as I rush against time. My eyes zero in and I don’t see the rocks in my path.

                I trip, but catch myself before falling and skid a little until I regain my balance. Just a little more I tell myself; just a few more feet. The car is advancing though. It’s quicker than me and I don’t know if I can make it.

                I don’t think once about how I can die. I don’t think about how this can be the end of me. I simply don’t think as I lunge myself at the stupid boy. I throw him to the ground and we roll as the car passes. He’s heavy, but I push him against me. We roll right under the car and get out just before the back wheels squish us into pulp.

                I feel my leg whack against the wheel for a brief second, but I’m still too hiked up on adrenaline to feel any pain or even really notice for that reason. For the first time I look at the boy’s face. It’s James. James?

                He still doesn’t look up at me. His body is extremely tense and he’s shaking. Just when I think he’s gone into shock he starts to speak.

                “Tha-tha-nks,” he stutters out. It’s barely audible.

                “You-you.” He looks up at me and falls silent.

                His eyes lock into mine and his thankful look turns into a glare. I feel him tense under me. His eyes darken as the anger flicks through them like flames. What?

                “Get off me.” He growls at me.

                What?

                “Serenity, get off me.” He spits my name out like if it’s trash.

                What’s happening?

                My brain still doesn’t comprehend the situation as I crawl off him. He gets up, stares at me, and then turns on his heel. Without another word he walks away.

                That’s finally when the anger registers in my body. It courses through my veins as I watch his retreating back.

                “You little f*cker I just saved your life!” I yell at him.