What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 34

A: Third to last chapter! .....*isn't it weird when someone calls you ducklings? My science teacher does sometimes... I know totally random, but it's been on my mind...*

~James~

                The next morning I wake up extra early and head to school. It’s not exactly that I don’t want to see her because I do and have a feeling that I always will, but I guess it has to do with pride. She took away most of my dignity. She made me a fool.

                So I rather stay away from her until my heart doesn’t lurch when she’s present. I have to forget about her and when I do I think she could really be like my sister. It’s what she wanted anyways.

***

                “Hey James what’s up?” Kat asks plopping herself next to me on the grass.

                I give her a weary smile.

                “Nothing much,” I say just a tad sarcastically.

                She gives me a knowing smile.

                “I don’t know what went wrong,” she says softly.

                I let out a breath, “It’s okay. You should go be with her though. You’re her best friend,”

                “She’s not here,” Kat scrunches up her face in worry, “I tried calling her, but she won’t pick up,”

                “Oh,” I respond.

                “She cares for you. She’s just being stupid,” Kat says suddenly.

                I can tell she’s sincere, but there’s a difference. Kat can think that she’s telling the truth, but it doesn’t mean that what she said really is the truth and this angers me. It annoys me to hear those words because she wouldn’t have chosen him if she really did care.

                “I don’t care.” I reply getting up, “I have some business to take care of,”

                “What are you going to do?” Kat asks in alarm.

                “What I didn’t do yesterday,” I reply before stalking away.

                From the corner of my eye I can see Kat getting up to come after me so I walk into the huge group of students waiting to get in. I know Kat won't find me with so many people. It's easy to blend in.

                I look around for Josh until I finally spot him next to…Tiffany?

                “Josh,” I say coming up next to him.

                “Tiffany?” I ask after Josh nods at me, "You look different,"

                And she did. She died her hair a soft brown instead of the bright blonde it originally was.

                She looks at me, “James,” she breathes out.

                “What do you want,” I ask just a tad accusing even though I didn’t mean for it to come out that way.

                I mean she was partially right. Serenity isn’t a bad person, but she did hurt me. She was bad for me.

                “Well I go here,” she says with a small smile, "And yes I know I look different. I'm starting a new beginning,"