Excuse Me?: Chapter 6

“Natasha what are you doing?” Camille sneers at me.

                    And yes I have officially learned her name. Took me long enough, huh?

                    “I’m getting everyone’s attention,” I say matter-of-factly.

                    “For what? To embarrass yourself?”

                    “Hahahaha, no,” I say giving her my best fake smile.

                    “Then what? To save your little friends from the embarrassment of getting showed up?” she asks.

                        “Actually somewhat. I want everyone to witness that I’m a better dancer,” I reply adding emphasis on the word everyone and better.

                         “Are you challenging me?” she asks in disbelief.

                         “Yup,” I reply popping the p.

                         “Okay, I’m up for some…ass kicking,” she replies looking rather smug for someone who’s never seen me dance.

                        “Then everyone make a circle,” I say to the crowd.

                        Quickly they disperse and make an oval shape. Well, that’ll do.

                        “Go ahead,” Camille says gesturing me to dance with her hand.

                         “Okay,” I reply shooting her a it's-on smile.

                         Then I walk over to the middle of circle. I start by shaking my hips and swaying my body. Slowly I dip down and then twirl and come back up with my arms above my head. Then, I do a body roll before breaking out into full-out break dance; twirling my arms and swaying my body. Finally, I finish off by running towards a section of the crowd. They disperse immediately and I jump up using the wall to push myself back. I do a back flip in the air and land with my legs braced. The crowd goes wild.

                         I turn to Ms. Queen Bee, yeah, I still prefer to call her that. Camille sounds to normal; to innocent.

                          “Beat that,” I say with a smug smile.

                          “Hold up!” she screams silencing the cheering crowd.

                            “I don’t street dance,” she continues.

                            “More like can’t,” I counter. The crowd snickers.

                           She glares at me, but ignores my comment, “If you want to challenge me then we have to do something we both can do,”

                          “Fine,” I say rolling my eyes, “What?” I ask.

                         “Salsa,” she replies looking at my outfit and knowing that salsa loses its flare without a dress.

                         “Okay, let me go change,” I say with another smug smile.

                           She looks shocked, “Change?”

                           “Yeah, you don’t expect me to do the salsa without a dress? I mean that would just look sad,” I reply.

                            She grits her teeth, “Okay go I’ll pick my partner ‘til then,”

                            “Sure,” I reply already heading towards the bathroom.

                             Once inside I take out the dress in my bag. It’s a deep red, ties around the neck, virtually backless, and once past mid thigh the dress breaks out into strands. At the end of each strand there are beads.

                              I slip the dress over my head and retouch my red lipstick before walking out. I make my way back to Camille who’s chosen this curly-headed guy as her partner. Before I enter the circle the same freakishly tall brunette from before stops me.

                               “You good at the salsa?” she asks.

                             “Yeah,” I say confidently.

                            “Good luck then,” She replies.

                           “I don’t need it, but thanks,” I respond.

                            “With him as Camille’s partner you might,”

                           “How come?”

                           “He’s like amazing! Loves dancing,” she replies with a cheeky, slightly worried, smile.

                       I simply shrug and offer her a smile before walking into the clearing. What a cheater! Picking someone who loves dancing. Oh well, I’ll still show her who’s boss.

                     “Hey Trent you’re my partner,” I say.

                     Everyone turns to look at me as if noticing me back for the first time.

                     Trent pushes his way through the crowd, “You look amazing,” he exclaims just a little breathy.

                   I smile widely at him, but he furrows his eyebrows.

                   “I’m not exactly the best dancer,” He states.

                    “No problem, just follow my lead,” I reply with a wink.

                   “Ready when you are,” I call over to Camille.

                   “I’m ready,” she says pressing up to her partner which by the way is really handsome.

                   He has curly brown hair, light green eyes, tan skin, and a sleek, built body. The body of a really good dancer.

                  “Music!” Camille calls as someone slips a disk in. Where ever they got the disk from is beyond me. She must really want to win to be able to organize this in the ten minutes I was at the bathroom.

                  As the music starts playing she starts dancing. One foot in front, step in middle, one foot in back; you know your typical salsa dance. She then slowly starts swaying her hips getting used to the steps. Finally, the guy twirls her around several times with just his finger before bringing her close to his body again. She runs her body down his before he grabs her by the waist and dips her down.

                          While all this is going down I tell Trent exactly what he has to do.

“You think you can handle it?” I ask.

“Uh, I guess so,” he answers.

I whack his arm, “I need cocky confidence right now!”

“Okay, Okay geesh I can do this,” he replies rubbing his arm.

I smile as the crowd cheers for Camille because now it’s our turn.

“Let’s do this,”

A: kind of a Cliffy…hehe

I know super short, but quick upload! It's like three pages in my word document so idk how long that is here.... So yeahh…VOTE AND comment!!

Stories From 2011 (Dear Players, What's Mine, Queen Bee)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें