Twenty nine ~ Patietur

As much as she thought she'd ran out of tears at the scene, her body seemed to have filled up again on the way to the sheriff's station. She sat there with a scrunched up tissue in her hand repeating the same few words.

"It just happened so fast."

After hearing a sigh of pity the blonde was wrapped inside of somebody's arm. Slightly glancing upwards she saw Stiles's dad smiling weakly at her. He knew how painful it was to loose a friend, especially one Brianna was so close to. Brianna was pretty much a daughter to him so it killed him to see her hurt. Almost as much as it was killing him about the whole Nogitsune Stiles mess.

Thankfully, after a short hug and some more tears they let Brianna go. As she walked out of the room she glanced at Lydia, Scott and Isaac sat on a bench waiting for their own interview. The three people who were without a doubt closest to Allison in the pack wasn't crying like Brianna. They were just staring into thin air. It was like how Brianna reacted after the fire. She just didn't want to believe that had just happened really happened. It killed her to see them like that but she didn't know what to say. If they really did feel like how she did after the fire no amount of words would make them feel better. Time would be the only thing to heal them, as cliché as it sounded.

Due to Derek's demand, Brianna was meant to go straight home but she took a detour. On the drive to the sheriff station Brianna had saw what was happening to Allison - or more specifically her body - at the same time. An ambulance was taking it her the hospital to be examined. She guessed by know that they'd be done and she had an overwhelming urge to go see her.

Brianna kept her head down as she scurried down the hallways of the hospital. She knew for a fact if anybody saw her that she'd be sent home straight away. Everybody already knew about Allison and everybody also knew how close Brianna and Allison's group of friends were. They were all practically family. Well, all the family most of them had anyway.

It didn't take her long to make it to the morgue. She hated that room, it was the worst part of working at the hospital, having to go in there sometimes. It just felt ... depressing. Slowly Brianna edged towards the long line of shelves that the bodies were stashed in. It took her a few minutes to pluck up the courage to open Allison's.

As Brianna pulled away the sheet to expose Allison's face another tear or two fell. The whole 'pretty even in death' thing must run in Beacon Hills. Then again both Allison and Laura alike were both insanely pretty no matter what time or occasion it was. In a strange way they both reminded Brianna of each other, Allison and Laura. Who knew a Hale and an Argent could have some qualities in common?

"Non patietur te," Brianna whispered, rubbing Allison's forehead gently. The first real smile she'd had in a while escaped her lips as she remembered the night Allison first heard her say that. It wasn't the night that she was fond of obviously, that was probably one of the worst nights ever, but it was a long day spent with Allison. After she found out about the supernatural they barely spent any time together. "I know you're Latin is a little rusty but you knew what that meant. You will suffer no more, Allison Argent."

***

"For the love of God Brianna get up!"

The blonde flinched at the sound of Derek's yelling. So much so her body that was hidden under her beds duvet curled up into a ball. Her hands clutched the top of the duvet tighter so she could use it to wipe the fallen tears. That had been her life ever since she arrived back from the hospital, granted it had only been a few hours, but a long few hours.

About half an hour ago Derek had gotten fed up of Brianna moping in her bedroom. That was not the Brianna he knew. She should be fighting with her friends to get vengeance for Allison. That would be the normal Brianna's impulse, not the one who cried on her bed every time something got a little bit tough. But that was who Brianna felt like being. Wasn't she aloud to not be strong for a few days?