Eight ~ Healers

Derek was alive.

To say Brianna was pissed off would be an understatement. She was furious. That was show to her friends by the fact she down right refused to go see him when they arrived back in Beacon Hills. He needed to learn that he couldn't put Brianna through torture and then come back like nothing had ever happened.

So Brianna went to work an extra shift. She had been called into the hospital under special circumstances because of ten car pileup. They wouldn't have called but they were low on staff and their on-call physician was nowhere to be seen even though she was supposedly on her way.

Immediately after walking out of the staff room, Brianna walked over to an incredibly stressed Melissa. "I can help you out with some jobs if you want? I'm literally here to assist the 'real' doctors and nurses." Brianna explained, using sarcastic quotation marks to show her annoyance at not being classed as a real doctor or nurse.

"I'd say you could get me some food but Scott's on the way. We can share if you want." She explained before glancing behind her. On cue Scott walked in with food in a bag causing Melissa to gasp in happiness. "Oh thank god, I'm starving."

Amused, Brianna watched as Melissa stared at the food she'd placed on the counter, ignoring her son. All three of them kind of got the same vibe so when Melissa turned around to thank and hug her son Brianna was happy. The McCall's were one of Brianna's favourite people, they're both just so incredibly kind.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asked, glancing between the two girls.

"Except for half the accident victims in a ten car pile-up being rerouted here from downtown, and the E.R. attending not answering any of his pages, yeah, I think we're okay." Melissa explained.

"What does not answering pages mean?"

"It means that nobody can find him, so now we have to wait for the on call to get here." Brianna told the confused boy. "It's also why I'm here, to help."

A relatively young women who had a blood stained shirt struggled to walk over to them. When she was in reach Brianna instinctually grabbed her arms that was folded over her wound to steady her. Even though Brianna worked there she couldn't do anything for her and it sucked. Like she said, Brianna wasn't a 'real' doctor or nurse even though she had way more experience than any real doctor

"Miss." The patient said, looking between the two girls.

Melissa nodded, "Yes?"

"Excuse me, can I kind of please have something for the pain?"

Knowing what lengths Brianna would do to help the patient, Melissa began to walk her back to her seat as she spoke. "Okay, I'm sorry. I know. But, actually, giving you something could complicate things, so we really just need to wait for the doctors. Okay?"

"Scott," Brianna exclaimed in realisation.

"Yeah?"

"You can help her, right? You can take some of her pain away."

Scott smiled, "You read my mind."

Brianna watched the scene from behind the desk; she was pretending to look at emails and room numbers. She was actually watching Scott talk to the women before slyly taking some pain away from her. It took effect almost immediately and the women stared at him in astonishment.

Everything seemed to be going in a relatively good direction. Then that came to an end abruptly. With wide eyes, Brianna noticed the familiar yelling immediately and turned to the front entrance. It was Ethan who was yelling for help but not for him. He was carrying Danny who was struggling to breathe.