Eighteen ~ Together

The sound of screaming is never a pleasant thing to wake up to. But for Brianna it was starting to feel normal. Without a seconds thought Brianna jolted forward and grabbed the arms that were flailing about next to her. She knew full well that it wouldn't stop Stiles from screaming - which it didn't - but it kept him somewhat calm enough for a moment.

Seconds later sheriff Stilinski appeared like he did every time this happened. Stiles dad tackled him into a hug while Brianna rubbed her boyfriends back soothingly. Even though this was pretty much a regular thing it still scared her every time.

Her heart was left racing while she subtly checked Stiles over. Like every other time he had no physical injuries which gave her a sense of relief. Listening to sheriff Stilinski's voice soothe Stiles also kind of calmed Brianna. She wouldn't admit this to Stiles but every time he has a nightmare it scares her half to death.

Once Stiles was calm enough the sheriff passed him to Brianna with a concerned look. She knew what that look meant all too well. Out of all the times Stiles had those nightmares he'd only hurt her once, obviously he didn't mean it but it was enough for the Stilinski boys to want to check over her safety. As she pushed some hair out of her face she pursed her lips and nodded. The elder man left the room as the two teenagers held each other tight.

"Don't worry," Brianna whispered. She planted a kiss on Stiles's head since she was hugging him from behind. "You're okay. You've got me and you're perfectly okay."

"Can we- can we..." He began, not wanting to ask.

Brianna nodded, he could tell by the slight touch of her head hitting his. "Of course," she whispered. "I will go start the jeep, you can get your shoes on and meet me outside."

After a long kiss they pulled away from each other's lips. In her slippers, Brianna headed outside to the jeep and hopped into the passengers seat. She leaned over and pushed in the cars keys since she knew full well Stiles's hands would be too shaky. The amount of times they'd done this in the past two months is crazy. But it was the only relatively good thing about Stiles's nightmares.

As per usual, the first ten minutes of driving around was silent. It was calming for Stiles so Brianna didn't talk until he was ready. "I'm sorry about this." Stiles said.

"Why?" Brianna replied. She was still tired so she rolled her head to face him instead of lifting it up.

Stiles shrugged, "For being a lunatic boyfriend. If I was you I would've run a mile."

"Even if it was me?" Brianna questioned, with a raised eyebrow.

"No." He stated firmly. "If it was you having these nightmares I'd stay. I love you Bri." He continued, his eyes fixed on the road.

Brianna stared at him for a while. It was fascinating to just look at him, he was so unique. The way his eyes flickered from place to place but he somehow never took his eyes off the road. The way his frown still managed to show how handsome he was. Everything about him Brianna adored. All of his amazing qualities and all of his flaws. They were him and she loved him.

"Don't cry," she whispered, her hand leaning over to wipe the tear that was laying on his cheek. "It's not your fault."

"No- no it's not that."

"Then what is it?" The girl replied, sitting up. She hoped that he was about to open up about the dream, he hadn't yet.

"The dream, it was different this time. It started like all of the others, I was locked somewhere and then I fell out to see the Nemeton. But this time ... you was there, laid on the Nemeton. But- but you weren't breathing. So I ran up to you. I was screaming for you to wake up but you weren't- you weren't alive. All of the sudden I tripped and next thing I know I was in my bed. You was next to me and I hugged you, I thought I was awake. Then you started talking but it wasn't you. I don't actually know who it was but, um, I glanced towards the door and it was ajar. You know that I have to have the door closed while I'm sleeping. So I went to close it. But then the voice out of you're mouth kept repeating to not go in. You were getting really upset. But I went to close it and I was back at the Nemeton. You weren't there that time but I just couldn't wake up. I just couldn't wake up."