Sixteen ~ Time

Tik tok. Tik tok. Tik tok.

Time changes everyone. That's something Brianna had grown to realise. For instance, the time after the fire had changed herself, Derek and Laura. The time during Scott beginning to accept himself as a werewolf changed him. The time Allison's mind was wrecked by Gerard changed her. Time changes everyone. The, what felt like, endless time that was going by while the trio was in the ice bath was going to change them too.

Tik tok. Tik tok. Tik tok.

With every passing second while they are under the water Brianna felt like she was waiting for something that wasn't going to happen. But she just couldn't move. Unlike Deaton, Isaac and Lydia, Brianna had sat facing Stiles' ice bath ever since he went under. If she moved even the slightest bit she felt as if everything would disappear.

Tik tok. Tik tok. Tik tok.

Then, after a few hours, the waiting became easy. Nobody said it but they knew at some point they'd have to let go of the hope they had that they'd wake up. So the waiting was easy, it was the letting go that became hard. Do you know what it feels like? Realising that the one person you love might not be coming back anymore? It's torture, it's heartbreaking, it's- it's like your whole world was been snatched out of your grasp and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tik tok.

Tik tok.

Tik tok.

"They're awake."

Everybody leaped to their feet as the trio's faces appeared out of the ice baths. Immediately they began speaking as they climbed out of their individual bath. All the others could do was stare at them. They were alive, but they were late.

"I saw it." Scott exclaimed first. "I know where it is."

"We passed it." Stiles added. "There's- there's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott explained.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah, the same night you were bit by peter."

"I was there too, in the car with my mother." Allison stated. "We almost hit someone."

Scott scoffed out a laugh, "It was me. You almost hit me." Allison gasped as humorously in response before Scott looked at the four who'd been waiting. "We can find it."

Allison furrowed her eyebrows at their concerned faces, "What?"

"You- you guys were out for a long time." Brianna mused quietly.

Stiles gently grabbed her arm, "How long is a long time?" He asked. Not only was he concerned about how much time they had left, but he was also concerned about Brianna. She had to wait for god knows long and it must've been agony. Stiles knew it would be for him if the roles were reversed.

"Sixteen hours." Deaton informed.

In sync the three of them let out a deep breath that sure as hell wasn't in relief. Especially when Scott asked something as if their friends were pranking them. "We've been in the water for sixteen hours?" He asked in disbelief.

"And the full moon rises in less than four." Deaton explained. But it wasn't just any full moon, it was a lunar eclipse. Werewolves powers are taken away and clairlocks go haywire. This ought to be a fun night.

Lydia and Isaac handed the three some towels to dry themselves up with. As a nurse, Brianna was a bit concerned that the two humans could be hyperthermic but since there had been so much going on that they need to discuss, she decided not to bring it up. The last thing team badass needed was somebody sidetracking. So instead, she stood next to Stiles in hope to comfort him. Or herself ... she didn't really know.