Twenty One ~ Self

Murder. Lies. Coverups. Deceit. Manslaughter. Best case scenario. Death. Murder. Barrow. Electricity. Lies. Kira. Truth. Lies. Death. Barrow. Murder. Deceit. Scott. Death. Stiles. Lies. Lies. Lies. Death. Cover ups. Manslaughter. Cops. Agent. Lies. Sheriff. Death. Coverups. Manslaughter. Truth. Electricity. Barrow. Murder. Barrow.

Distant voices were calling Brianna's name but she couldn't seem to focus. All of her thoughts were muffled in her brain. They weren't right though. It was like with Barrow's death - or what she kept insisting to call murder in front of Scott and Stiles - came a darkness around Brianna's whole life.

She killed somebody. And she wasn't dealing very well with that fact.

"Brianna? Brianna are you listening to me?" Agent McCall said to her while waving a hand in front of her face. Finally she snapped back to reality and glanced up at him. "You are under arrest for murder of William Barrow. You don't have to say anything but anything you do say-"

"What?" Brianna chocked out.

A wave of emotions ran through her as she felt a stinging pain across her cheek. Somebody had just slapped her. That somebody was Lydia. Along with Lydia in the room was Scott, Stiles, Kira, agent McCall and sheriff Stilinski. Agent McCall was questioning the kids about Barrow when he noticed Brianna zoning out.

Then she fainted.

Brianna gasped as she lifted her head up, "What? What just happened?"

"You fainted." Stiles stated, letting out a breath. "Are you okay?"

"I'm- I'm okay." Lies.

Agent McCall then hopped back onto the desk he was sitting on. All of the fuss over Brianna fainting had vanished which made her feel better. The last thing she wanted was everybody's eyes on her. If they were on her for longer than a few minutes Brianna knew she'd spill the beans about Barrow.

"So," Agent McCall began. "Can you tell me what you four were doing at the power station, Brianna?"

"Looking for Kira." Truth.

"And you didn't think to call the cops when you thought Kira had been taken by Barrow?"

"We thought we could handle it." Truth.

"Have you done this kind of thing before?"

"No." Lies.

"Then what was you planning on doing?"

"I'm not sure." Death.

Agent McCall sighed. "Is there anything you want to add Kira?" He asked.

Brianna's eyes connected with Kira's. She didn't give her any particular looks. She just looked. It was enough for Kira to take pity on her. "That's all there was too it." She stated. Deceit.

Murder.

***

"Any chance we could leave this place before midnight?"

Being questioned by the police, add that to the list of strange things Brianna has done the night before her birthday. It would fit perfectly with climbing up a building just to watch fireworks with Laura and Derek, and walking through a rain forest as her thirteenth birthday present. Not the most practical birthday gift but it worked.

But the police station thing was something she could've missed off the list quite happily. It's clear though Beacon Hills doesn't exactly give a damn about Brianna being happy. Not even on her birthday. Harsh.