Twenty Three ~ Standard

Normal isn't really a defined word for Brianna. In the dictionary it says that normal means it's the expected or standard. Though, whoever wrote that probably thought that the most standard thing a person does everyday is get dressed. It was quite clear that person had never met Brianna or her friends before.

The definition of normal for Brianna was simple but, to anybody other than her friends, unrealistic. The standard, normal day that was expected was that she'd be woken up abruptly and dragged a long to school or a friends house. Then she'd help her friends out with supernatural drama. That was Brianna's normal.

And a day after what happened at the McCall house was no different.

"Stiles," Brianna yawned into her phone. "What's up? It's like three in the morning."

Static answered Brianna's question. Quickly she checked to see if Stiles was still on the phone and after realising she was she put her phone back up to her ear. Then the sound of heavy breathing began to get louder. Brianna switched on her lamp and sat up on her bed to wake her up, with a mouth dropped open in worry.

"Stiles ... are you there?"

Heavy breathing. "Brianna? I- I'm here."

"You scared me." Brianna gasped. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

"Bri, I don't I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think was sleepwalking."

Brianna ran her hands through her hair, "Okay babe, listen to me, you're okay. I'll come and get you, uh, just ... can you see anything? Tell me what you see."

"Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-"

"Stiles." Brianna said in worry, pressing her hand up to her exposed ear. Brianna's own breathing grew heavy when she got no response. "Stiles!"

Rapidly, Brianna scrolled down her phone contacts and tried to call Stiles again. She didn't know how she was remaining so calm but she guessed it was because she had to be. Brianna couldn't be breaking down at that point. If she did Stiles could get hurt and that'd make her feel even worse. She had to stay calm and positive. Even if Stiles wasn't answering the phone.

"Stiles?" Brianna called into the phone.

"This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message." His voice mail rang in her ear. Brianna exhaled in frustration as she tried his phone again. "Hey, this is St-"

"For the love of God!" Brianna muttered. "Come on Stiles. Come on, answer the phone ... Stiles?"

"Brianna, I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move."

Brianna bit her lip to stop her crying for a second, "Where are you?"

"I don't know. I don't know, It's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's- I think it's bleeding."

"How bad?" Brianna questioned in concern. If his leg was bleeding and he was weaning what he normally wears for bed at this time of night on the freezing cold ... Brianna didn't even want to imagine what could happen to him. "Stiles, how bad is it?! Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?"

"Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering."

Brianna thought for a moment, scanning her brain for a solution to the problem, "Okay, listen. I'm calling your dad."

"No, no, no, no, don't. Bri don't."

"But your dad-"

"Don't. Just please don't call him. Promise you won't. He already worries about me too much, you know that. Bri, please."