One ~ Summer

This summer was probably the best summer of my life. And that's saying something. I'd had some extraordinary summers while I was traveling America with Derek and Laura. But this summer was different. I didn't have to go some amazing place like the Grand Canyon. I had my friends around.

Every Saturday, Lydia and I would go shopping. Most of the time the most we'd but was a Starbucks coffee but we didn't care. It was just great to catch up with Lydia and not have to hold back half of the story. Her knowing about the supernatural world could just be the greatest thing to happen to our friendship since our friendship began. It still amazes me that out of all the people who she could've chosen to be her best friend, she chose me. That's something I'll forever thank her for now that she's done with the dumb act with everybody and not just me.

One of the few bad things that happened this summer was that Allison was barely around. After the events of the Kanima her dad thought a vacation to France would be a good idea. Honestly, I didn't blame her when she told me. That family seriously needs a break.

The other bad thing was that Derek was constantly on a search for Erica and Boys. He refused to let me help which sucked. What sucked even more was that he was letting Peter, of all people, help him and not me. So the Hale boys along with Isaac were barely around too. During the summer though, I did learn that Isaac isn't as bad as I originally thought he was. The way he stepped up to help his alpha without hesitation was very admirable in my opinion.

Scott was around. A lot. You wouldn't think a boy who did that much studying and working out could have so much free time. But he did. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who noticed how his breakup with Allison was effecting him. Either way the boy seemed to be doing good for himself. A new hair cut, a new view on life, a new physique, a new brain. Everything seemed to be looking up for him apart from Allison. So, of course, Stiles and I took pity on his sudden lack of a social life and invited him places as often as we could.

Speaking of Stiles, the relationship was going great despite neither of us knowing how to act in a real relationship. Though, it was kind of relief to both of us that we were figuring it out together. Wether the relationship looked good or not in somebody else's eyes we knew that we was doing it our way. That was all that mattered this summer.

Obviously, we had quite a few dates except only four of them was alone. Somehow Lydia roped us into three double dates, with a new boy for her every time. Then we had a few third wheel dates with Scott. He didn't seem as awkward as we did about the situations, even when we was at the cinema watching a rom-com that I'd begged Stiles to see. Neither of us told Scott that we felt awkward when he came on our dates because we didn't want to upset him. To Stiles and I, Scott was a fragile little puppy this summer.

My favourite date out of the four we had alone had to be our third date. It was on a Sunday and Stiles had told me we had heading out of the town for the day. Without a doubt that spiked my excitement, a day out of drama filled Beacon Hills is bound to be a good day. He surprised me by taking us to a horse ranch. Not just any horse ranch though, he'd done some stalking - that he pleaded me to be not weirded out by so of course I teased him on it - and he realised one of my friends from while I was away had graduated. The girl who was a few years older than me and looked after me while I was in New York had moved away from the city and opened a horse ranch just outside of Beacon Hills. So of course I was extremely ecstatic to see her.

After a quick catch up with Louise, Stiles and I got to ride a horse each on a marked out trail. Apparently he'd had a chat with Louise and heard all about my love of horses. I couldn't help but fall in love with him even more as we rode down the path. When we're alone it's like we're different people. I feel like I can be my complete and total self with him and he won't judge me, just like I won't judge him.