Twenty Six ~ Impressed

Obvious concerned thoughts occupied Brianna's mind as she strolled down the hallway of the school. She couldn't understand why she had to go to school when she had so much going on. With Stiles and the Nogitsune mostly. But after picking up Derek at the station, he had instructed her to go to school and - quote - 'live a normal life for a while'. Like that was ever going to happen.

"Hey, Brianna!" Somebody called and, as much as Brianna hoped, it wasn't Stiles. It was even anybody in the pack.

"Simon?" She replied in confusion and amazement. She hadn't seen him since, well, the Kanima. In all honesty she thought he was dead, just like half the other people in Beacon Hills.

"It's me," he laughed. "But you wouldn't know that since you never called me back and it's been, what, nearly two years?"

Brianna sighed, "I'm sorry. I had a lot going on," and I still do, she wanted to add but decided against it. Not exactly a topic she wanted to get on to.

"So, I was wondering if you did the assignment?"

"What assignment?" She questioned in horror. Begging inside of her brain to the lords of school she began chanting, please not literature, please not literature, please not-

"Miss Bains," Literature.

"Oh crap."

"Didn't do it either?" He asked and Brianna quirked an eyebrow in response. "Well I can cover for you if you like?" Even though she hadn't spoke to him in so long and she was with Stiles, Simon never lost hope of Brianna being his girlfriend.

A smile appeared on the blondes face as she squeezed the boys upper arm to show she was appreciative, "That would be amazing, thank you so much, I owe you big time."

"How about going out together one night?" He asked and she pursed her lips.

"I'm sorry Simon, like I said a few years ago, you're a really nice guy but-"

He nodded understandingly, "But you have Stiles." She pursed her lips into an somewhat unsure smile before giving him a hug. Honestly Brianna didn't know if Stiles was even alive right now and that hurt to think about.

So she decided that one lesson was enough and headed back to the loft.

***

Groaning, she ripped off another piece of paper and scrunched it up in her hands. As soon as it dropped out of her palm and onto her bed she used the warlock magic to flick it. The paper landed perfectly in the trash every time. But as much as that amused her it didn't take her mind off the Nogitsune. It also didn't make her draw any better.

A chime of her phone made her feel queasy. All day she had felt like she was waiting for a text saying 'you need to get to the coroners office. I am sorry' or 'we found him but it's not good' or worst of all 'Stiles is dead, I'm so sorry'. Deep down she knew a bad text was coming her way but something was blocking her out from seeing the future. And it wasn't a specific sentence like normal, it was a sort of emotional kind of thing. It was weird.

New text message from Unknown:

Brianna? How are you little dove? I know somebody has missed you dearly.

Brianna took a nervous breath before her brain instructed her shaking hand to type a reply back.

New text message to Unknown:

Who is this? What are you talking about? If this is a prank it's not funny!

A text came back almost immediately. Brianna took a deep breath before reading it.