Nine ~ Purple

Everybody was on their separate little missions. Meanwhile Brianna was cuddled up on Stiles's bed staring at the wall. Everything after Boyd's death went slowly. Derek had gone missing and Brianna had barely spoke. Having somebody be killed in front of you takes a toll on people.

A couple of minutes after Boyd's death, Stiles arrived with Cora and Lydia. Cora cried into Boyd's chest, Lydia stared in utter shock and Stiles attempted to comfort Brianna and Derek. Unfortunately none of their reactions seemed to help anybody.

The only thing that did help was Stiles driving Brianna to the hospital. That's where she preformed minor surgery on herself in hope that her wounds wouldn't cause anybody's attention to be drawn to her. Not only did she not want to answer fifty questions about what happened, she could barely speak.

So, it kind of surprised her when Stiles texted instructing her to go to the Hale loft purely to speak. She guessed it was time for her to stop wallowing in self pity and help somebody. So that's what she was going to do. She could help Erica or Boyd but she was determined to help the others.

Brianna pulled open the doors and glanced around the room. To Brianna's dismay, Peter was still around. She kind of hoped that he would be the one to take a long ass trip and never come back but Brianna didn't get everything she wanted. That would be one of those things.

"Ah, Brianna, perfect timing." Peter mused. "Would you mind showing your magic and eyes?"

"Yes." She replied simply.

Peter rolled his eyes, "You never make anything easy, do you?"

Out of nowhere Brianna threw something in Brianna'a direction. Her automatic reflexes took over as she made a force field that showed birth her purple eyes and her purple mist. Both of which Brianna was reluctant to show due to the fact she had no idea how it would be used against her. With Peter it always would be.

Peter clapped as soon as Brianna went back to normal, "You see, if you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the colour of his eyes."

Oh, it's the eye talk. It was something a lot of werewolves had to have. Brianna had to have it as well since the eyes and mist represented the person possessing the magic in her kind too. But she had to have it from a young age since her eyes weren't actually herself being represented. At least until she's eighteen.

The story of Derek's eyes started back in the day when Derek was a teenager at high school. He and a couple of friends were practicing basketball in the hallway when a girl called Paige stopped them. The ball bouncing was interrupting her music practice. A cocky younger Derek tells her that basketball practice occurred wherever there was a basketball and he would only stop if Paige stole the ball from him.

After using his werewolf reflexes to stop her getting the ball, Paige grew annoyed and went back to her practice. A couple of minutes later Derek entered the room to apologise. He then continues and asks her name. Just like he had done with the basketball, she compromises and said if he could play any instrument in the room they she'd tell him her name. Sarcastically, Derek tapped the triangle once and she told him her name was Paige and that he should leave.

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he?" Stiles questioned before narrowing his eyes at Peter. "How old were you? How old are you now?"

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think." Peter responded.

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague." Stiles stated before glancing between the two girls. "I know Brianna's seventeen since her birthday is on Halloween but how old are you?"