39. Home Is Where Your Mum Gives You Beer

Start from the beginning

          I climb on the bed and then sit on Harry’s lower back, drumming my fists on his back. “Wake up,” I say through a laugh, “or else you’ll be up all night.”

          “I’m up, I’m up,” Harry suddenly replied, his voice low and throaty. He then rolled over, causing me to fall to the side as Harry sat up, as did I. He took a look at me, a sleepy smirk on his face. “Why don’t you always dress like this?”

          I look down at myself and roll my eyes. I was wearing a black sports bra over my black and pink unzipped jacket and yoga pants, along with my sneakers. “I was at the gym, you freak,” I laugh, “you kind of just slept through it all.”

          “You should’ve woke me up,” Harry says, running both hands through his hair, “I would’ve gone with you.”

          “Oh well,” I smirk, getting off the bed. “I’m off for a shower.”

          “Can I join?” I hear Harry ask.

          I turn, raising an eyebrow at him. “What do you think?”

          “… Yes?” Harry looks at me hopefully.

          I give him a sweet smile. “No,” I say before walking into the bathroom, leaving a grumpy Harry to fall back on to the bed.

*~*~*~*

          The drive to Holmes Chapel was about three hours long, and we got to Harry’s home that he had grown up in. What was extremely adorable was how Anne was standing at the doorway, waiting for us to pull up in the driveway. When he saw her, Harry let out a chuckle as he muttered, “Oh, Mum.”

          Harry and I stepped out of the car as Anne walked towards us and Harry went over to the trunk of the car to get out our bags. “You two are finally here,” Anne grins widely as she hugs me.

          “Of course we are,” I laugh as I hug her back. “How are you?” I ask, pulling away.

          “I’m wonderful,” she smiles as Harry takes out the bags and walks over to us. “How’s my baby?” Anne asks as Harry hugs her. It was cute how he was taller than her, I have to say.

          “I’m great, Mum,” Harry smiles as the two of them pull away.

          Anne smiles. “Come in, you two; it’s a bit nippy out,” she says ushering me in as Harry picks up our bags.

          The two of us were staying here for about a week or so – maybe two if Gemma comes to visit this weekend. Stepping inside the warm house, the smell of freshly made coffee roamed around the house, causing me to smile; I loved my coffee.

          “Harry, you can just set the bags in your old room,” Anne says as Harry nods, walking up the stairs. “Come on, Kelsey, I’ve made you some coffee. Harry’s told me how much you love to drink it.”

          I grin and nod, following her through the house and into the kitchen. From the coffee maker, Anne poured some coffee for me in a mug and handed it to me. “Thank you,” I smiled, “So, where’s Robin?”

          “Visiting his mum,” Anne smiles, “he should be back in about half an hour.”

          I nod, sipping my coffee, as Harry walks into the room. “What, no drink for me?” he asks, raising an eyebrow when he sees me drinking coffee.

          Anne gives me a look as I chuckle into my drink, before she walks over to the fridge. She opens it up and brings back a beer bottle, handing it to her son. “Here you go, darling,” she says.

          Harry grins widely, taking the green bottle from his mother and giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Love you,” he says as he takes the bottle opener and takes it off the bottle.

          He then retreated to the living room, leaving Anne and I in the kitchen. The two of us were on either side of the kitchen island in the middle of the kitchen, and I sipped my delicious coffee as Anne spoke.

          “How have you and Harry been?” she asks, raising an eyebrow curiously.

          I smile, nodding. “We’ve been great,” I tell her honestly. “He just got back from tour a couple of days ago, like you already know, and the two of us have just been having a good time.”

          Anne grins widely. “I’ve seen pictures of you two on the Internet,” she says, “you both look quite happy together.”

          I blushed slightly, burying myself in my coffee as I drank it. “He’s been amazing,” I tell her quietly.

          “He told me he loves you, you know,” Anne suddenly says, which only causes my blush to deepen.

          I press my lips together. “Yeah, he’s… he told me that about a month ago.”

          Anne smiled and opened her mouth to say something, but Harry’s voice from the living room cut her off. “What are you two doin’ in there?” he called. “Come in here!”

          His mother rolled her eyes, giving me a smile. “Let’s go,” she chuckles, “his highness awaits.”

          With a laugh, I followed her into the living room, where we spent the next couple of hours by watching random television shows.