Dance: Jefflyn (Revised)

There had been many moments that Jeffory had felt himself fall in love with Katelyn, and today was no different as he watched the blue-haired girl play Princess Tea-Party with Abby, yet another girl he loved more than words could describe. Fear made it hard for him to admit his love for Katelyn though, but now that he knew about Aphmau and Aaron getting married and having a baby made him feel brave enough to push that fear aside and help him admit it. To himself anyways.

Jeffory had been engaged to Abby's mother when she had his daughter, but she died during childbirth. It meant Abby had to spend most of her life without a mother, until Katelyn came along. Katelyn seemed to be filling that void though, at least a little. She was also filling that space in his own heart that had once belonged to his wife. He would never forget his wife, but he also knew that he needed to move on.

Abby yawned, and rubbed her eyes gaining the attention of both Jeffory and Katelyn. The five year old was clearly becoming tired.

"Princess Abby." He said, leaning forward, "Your throne calls for your attention?"

"Huh?" Abby asked, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"It's bed time, your dad is just a dork." Katelyn explained with a giggle.

"But I'm not tired." Abby whined, but her constant slow blinking was just proving otherwise. Jeffory suspected that if she was left sitting for only a little longer she would pass out on the wood floor.

"Uh-huh. Course not." Katelyn snorted. "Come on, let's get you laid down."

Abby sighed, but got to her feet. "Okay, Auntie Katelyn."

"Good girl." Katelyn led Abby down the hall and up towards her bright pink bedroom which had a purple canopy bed on the far side. Katelyn helped Abby laid down in the bed and tucked her in, deciding to not force the younger girl to change while being so tired. Abby yawned again, and after a few minutes in bed she fell into a sound sleep.

Once she made sure the girl was alright Katelyn left the room, closing the door all but a crack that provided the girl enough light to not be afraid if she woke up during the night. Katelyn then went back down the hallway where Jeffory was waiting for her.

"You don't have to do that." He said shyly.

"I know, but I like to. I like being around you, and Abby."

Jeffory gave the woman a gentle smile, looking in her icy blue eyes as he took her hand softly. "Come with me." he said, making the girl blush as he lead her down the rest of the the hall and into the living room. He then proceeded to turn on some rather slow music, a song he knew Katelyn enjoyed called: Break The Distance by Ashton Edminster. Honestly the song even reminded him of her.

"W-what are we doing, Jeffory?" She asked, sounding a little nervous as he turned to face her. He then put one hand on her waist before grabbing her hand again. They began to rock slightly, dancing to the song.

"We're dancing, Katelyn. You know how to dance don't you?" He said, a small chuckle escaping his lips, as she blushed.

"O-of course. I-I haven't done it in a long time is all." She said, avoiding eye contact with the older man. "E-especially not with you... I-it's nice."

"Yeah." Jeffory put his head on her shoulder, "We should do it again soon."

"Y-yeah..."