Dawn: Vylad (Revised)

Vylad Ro'Meave, the youngest of the three Ro'meave brothers had often been called the "Rebel" or the "Half-Child" and had always been known as the child that had been made out of his mom's lust for another man. His dad, or the man who could have had him thrown out, was known as the man who was "Too Kind" but that was just a front he put on. Sure he didn't throw him out, but he had never really been "proud" of Vylad. Even then though, his dad cared greatly for the genius brunette. So if his dad ever found out that he was sleeping out on a park bench instead of a motel he would be sickened.

Vylad, like his older brothers Garroth and Zane were well off when it came to money and he could easily afford a hotel for the night, but also knew that there was less adventure to be found in a hotel than there was out in a park. In a park at least he could have fresh air. True, that fresh air, was uncomfortably cold but he didn't regret it.

At least this way he would be able to enjoy the dawn when the sun finally came up. True, the cold air had made it almost impossible for him to enjoy sleeping under a tree, seeing how he hadn't been able to sleep at all. He probably looked like crap, with bags under his eyes, but he had gone through four days without sleeping at all so a single night wouldn't kill him.

Vylad sniffled a few times before sneezing loudly, sitting up in the tall grass. He looked around the area with a frown, it was still mostly dark yet the sun was just beginning to peek up the horizon let him know that dawn was fast approaching. The sun brought warmth, and hope of a better day. Or that's what he believed anyways.

He shivered, pulling the blanket tighter around himself with a groan. He was about a day's travel from his home in O'Khasis. Or rather the home hims parent's lived in, but he had promised to visit his mom when he had seen her last. True, his brothers and friends would all give him crap for not telling them where he had gone off too without warning, but it was just something he was used to. The fact that he had also decided to sleep in another park was just another thing they would probably yell at him for the next time they saw him.

Oh well.

He knew he was going to need a shower before he saw his parents; he smelled terrible. He would also need to make sure he didn't get sick, that would be bad. Sure it would be bad if his mom and dad found out that he was living on the street and with Aphmau whenever he was in Phoenix drop; but it would be even worse if they found out because they're 17 year old son was in the hospital.

Sure, they might not react as badly if he had been living with Garroth or Zane, something he had been tempted to do, but decided against in fear of getting in their way. At least with Aphmau he didn't feel like he had to live up to his royal name. With his brothers he would feel like he had to be stronger than Garroth or smarter than Zane. Doing his own thing made him feel more like he could just be himself. He could just be Vylad.

He leaned back against the trunk of the tree, the sun painted a verity of colors by the sun. It was finally Dawn. The most beautiful time of Day.