Sunset: Jefflyn (Revised)

Jeffory glanced at Katelyn, a smile tugging it's way onto his lips as he watched the woman he cared so deeply for held his daughter and ran her fingers through her hair. Abby, his daughter, struggled against the sleep which was taking over her four-year-old body. He knew she wouldn't last, but decided to bring her anyway knowing that if she did fall asleep they were just out in the front yard. After all, it had been Abby's idea that they watched the sunset together.

The sun setting was the perfect ending to the perfect day they had have. After all, it wasn't everyday the three got to spend together. Though he wished they could spend every day together. He just loved having Katelyn and Abby by his side. He just felt so complete with them both next to him.

"Thank you, Katelyn." He said, watching as a faint blush tainted her cheeks.

"For what?" Katelyn asked.

"For spending time with Abby and I. I - I mean - we, love spending time with you. Today was great, having the three of us together like this was... well, it was nice."

"Well, thanks for inviting me." Katelyn said, laying the now sleeping Abby on the blanket between them. She then leaned back on her hands, looking up at the sky as the sun sank. "Any chance I get to spend with you guys I'll gladly take.

Jeffory smiled, glancing at the sunset but deciding that Katelyn was more beautiful than the orange hue looked back at the girl. Katelyn was beautiful... Abby was beautiful... He gave his lip a soft nibble before leaning towards Katelyn giving her a soft kiss on her cheek. He could feel her face warm up under his lips, signaling him to pull away.

He loved Katelyn, which scared him. After the death of his previous wife, Abby's mom, the idea of getting that close to another woman scared him.

But when it came to Katelyn he couldn't help himself. He was falling for her, and he couldn't stop.