New Meteli: Cadenza (Revised)

New Meteli hadn't changed all that much since Cadenza and Laurence had left for Phoenix Drop during Middle School for their own protection. Sure there were more people, but the buildings and streets all looked exactly the same. This made the Hospital that much easier to find.

The friends stood outside of the Hospital doors, looking up at it as Cadenza and Laurence tried to convince themselves to go into the hospital.

"I um." Laurence cleared his throat, looking at Aphmau and the others, "I think Cadenza and I should go in, why don't we catch up later at the Motel?"

"Yeah," Aphmau smiled, "But take you're time, we're in no rush. I'm sure we can all find something to do while you see your Father."

"Thank you." Cadenza smiled, "We appreciate it."

Cadenza took Laurence's hand and the two walked into the Hospital through the double doors and went automatically to the front desk where a woman with dark red-brown hair was talking to the Security guards behind the desk.

"Um... We're looking for Lord Hayden's room? We're his children." Laurence said, deciding that their question was more important than whatever the strange woman was talking about.

The question caught the woman's attention as she looked at them, curious but not angry. She stepped aside so the security guard could talk to them specifically.

"Down the right corridor to room 117, look for the room with all the Meteli Guards outside of it." The security guard said with a respectful nod.

They walked down the hallway, looking at all the room numbers until they found room 117, which, as the security guards said had Meteli Knights standing on both side. Knights which instantly gave a bow when they saw the Prince and Princess of Meteli. The Knights stepped a side letting the two in without a word as Cadenza and Laurence walked into the room looking at their Father.

He was laying on his bed, an IV in his arm as he sat there talking to Vincent. His face was pale, his body trembling, and he looked exhausted, but the fact that he was sitting up and talking made both of them relax. 

Hayden looked over and chuckled, "What are you two doing here?"

"I called them, Sir." Vincent said, "So they could not only see you but would be protected in case the person who did this to you went after them."

"Really now, Vincent, you didn't need to worry my kids." He said.

Cadenza jogged over and hugged him tightly while Laurence stood at the food, clearly not grasping the fact that their father was alive, and for the most part looked like he was doing well. "Dad, are you alright?!"

"I'm fine, Cadenza, worry not. The poison was simple and easy to cure." He said, "Honestly it wasn't something to worry too much about, I hope Vincent didn't pull you away from something important."

"No, we weren't doing anything. I'm glad you're alright, you had Cadenza worried." Laurence said with a gentle blush.

Hayden clearly understood that Laurence was trying to look touch and smiled, "I'm fine, I hired the Village Shaman to come help with the potions and make cures for the poisons in the area, in case they try again."

"A shaman? You don't mean-" Cadenza said, then yelped when the door opened. She quickly backed up and hid behind a curtain as a familiar man with brown  hair and blue eyes walked in smelling like Sage and Alcohol.

"Caster!" Laurence said happily, jogging to his old friend.

"Laurence! There you are! How have you been, stupid faced Laurence?!"

Laurence gave a weak laugh, "Glad to see you haven't changed, Caster. Are you the one who helped our father?"

"Of course!  I was told that if I helped your father I would be given some money and supplies to build bigger and better houses for my people! Actually, I came for my money." He said, looking at Vincent who sighed.

Vincent pointed to a box on the chair next to the door. "Your money is in there, as well as building permits. Your supplies will arrive at your house tomorrow morning."

"Thank you." Caster said, picking up the box, "Goodbye stupid faced Laurence!" Caster said, then left the room and closed the door loudly behind him.

"I should go and make sure everything is alright outside, I want to make sure everything is alright at the house." Vincent said, then gave a bow. "Princess Cadenza, Prince Laurence, Lord Hayden, I make my leave." He said, then walked out of the room.

Once they were alone Laurence and Cadenza sat down on chairs around their father's bed.

"How have you been, my Children?"

"I've been good." Cadenza said, a large smile on her face. "Lucinda, Kawaii-Chan and I are opening a store together. I'll be selling clothes, Lucinda is making and selling potions, and Kawaii-Chan is going to be making sweets!"

"That sounds like a very nice idea, If you need a loan I will be willing and able to help you out."

"I hope it won't come to it, but thank you." Cadenza grinned

"What about you, Laurence. How have you been?" Hayden wondered.

"I um... It's complicated." He said, with a blush.

"Ooh, how so?" Hayden said, having the same Cheshire like grin Cadenza got as they leaned closer to Laurence, who only blushed darker.

"This is the first I've heard of this! If it's complicated does that mean a girl is involved!?"

"I um... well... k-k-kinda... see... t-t-there's this person I like. B-b-but we've been friends for a very very  long time. I-I don't think they're interested in me... b-but thanks to... events  they said they liked me..." Laurence began playing with his hands. "But... I don't know if I like-like them..."

"That does sound like quite the struggle... Well, try bringing up the event, ask if they remember what they said, if they don't then tell them what they said. If they do remember though, ask if they mean it. Find out what they feel, then, if you do feel the same give the relationship a chance."

Laurence thought then nodded, "Thank's Father."