I didn't feel feathers or the raising of my skin due to wings, I felt nothing. Disappointment rolled through me as I realized my wings weren't attached to my back. What the hell had my mother did when she put them away and would I ever have them back?

Despair still biting at me, my attention turned back to Ivy, yet my feet stood rooted, slight dread filling me at the thought of our first interaction.

What the hell was I supposed to do? What was I supposed to say to her?

Hey, hey never fear Avril is here?

Hello, I just kind of died but I'm here now so everything is okay.

I had no clue how to approach this situation without things looking insane. Was there a way to even approach this situation?

But then again, when was everything perfectly normal with me.

Still lost in my thoughts, Ivy made the next move as she slowly lifted her head as if she could feel my eyes on her and locked eyes with me. I didn't have time to take inventory on how she looked worst for wear as her silver eyes which were usually so full of life and awe seemed dull and blank as they widened in shock at my appearance.

Letting out a yelp, she jumped in her chair grabbing her heart and staring at me wide-eyed. "Av-Avril?" She whispered in a mixture of shock and fear looking like she had just saw ghost.

"What?" Alem questioned, his back to me.

My eyes focused on him now realizing the small fairy was in the room. He turned around quickly and just like Ivy he yelped, jumping backwards as if he had just seen a ghost. Alem glanced around like I was just a figment of his imagination and he needed clarification from someone but only ended up looking at Ivy, then me, Ivy, and then me again in a continuous manner.

Going along with him, I looked around too but besides Ivy, there was wasn't anyone here.

Probably out with Teelah, I thought bitterly feeling a small chip to my heart at the realization. Even when I was dead, or almost dead, I don't know it was still a little bit confusing to me, even when I could have officially died they were still out with Teelah. They would always choose her.

A part of me wanted to wilt at the idea, but I pushed the feeling away. I was stronger than that.

"Oh warrior goddess." Alem's voice ringing through the tense silence, which had sounded unlike anything I had ever heard from him before, had my reverie cracking and my head whipping in his direction.

Wide, confused orange stared into pensive greenish hazel before orange eyes rolled into the back of Alem's head and he dropped.

The lipstick tube sized fairy began to fall from the air as unconsciousness paralyzed his body, but lunging forward Ivy managed to catch him in the palm of her hands before he hit the ground.

Worry shadowed her eyes before she gently placed him on a table and turned back to me with caution darkening her features as she eyed me suspiciously, body tensed like the fight or flight response was in play.

"Stop staring at me like I'm some criminal." I grouched, slowly taking a step forward feeling the cold soil brush against the soles of my feet. "How long has it been?" I questioned.

"Thr-three days." Ivy mumbled timidly still with that same apprehensive look on her face that was beginning to wear on my nerves. I understood her shock and fright, frankly I would be pretty spooked to if someone just magically came back to life even though I thought they had passed, yet she wasn't making this any easy for me.

My eyes widened at the news realizing that I had only spoken to my mom for a couple of hours, yet somehow time had still managed to pass me by on this planet.