Chapter 23

''They say we are what we are''
''But we don't have to be''
''I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way''
''I'll be the watcher, watcher of the eternal flame''
''I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams''
''Oh... I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass. Glass, glass''
''Oh... I'll try to picture me without you but I can't''

I can't help it but to sing along with Jon.

''Cause we could be immortals, immortals''
''Just not for long, for long''
''And if we meet forever now, pull the blackout curtains down''
''Just not for long, for long''
''We could be immortals, immortals, immortals, immortals
immortals''

''You two idiots better shut up, I'm trying to sleep goddamnit!'' Colby groans as he cuddles more into the chair. ''That's really mean of you Colbs. But yeah, shut up pretty please with sugar on top..'' Leati groans too, resting his head on my shoulder as he goes back to sleep, Jon and I giggle while we continue singing out loud.

When I wake up Jon is singing still, I throw my pillow at his head. ''Ouch!'' ''Stop singing you lunatic.. I'm trying to sleep.'' ''YAS SOMEBODY IS AWAKE WOOOOOOOOOO'' ''Excuse me I'm awake too.'' Leati pokes his head round the driver's seat. ''But now I don't have anybody to cuddle up with.'' ''Sorry Blossom but if Jon was still the driver Colby and I would've died by now from all the singing.'' ''Hey! Celeste's voice and my voice are just perfect together.'' ''It's horrible..'' Colby snorts as he wakes up, rubbing his eyes. ''Leeeeee'' whining I drag the 'e'. ''What is it Blossom.'' ''When are we finally there'' I say yawning again. ''In an hour or two.'' groaning I grab my pillow back from Jon and I press it against the window while pressing my head against the pillow so it stays in place. A deep exhale before I fall asleep.

-

''Ssshh! Keep it down lunatic, she's still asleep.'' I hear Leati faintly saying because of Jon who was probably singing, again, deep sigh. ''SIERRA, HOTEL, INDIA, ECHO, LIMA, DELTA, THE SHIELD.'' gets shouted through my earphones. Leati has to hide a smile while he speaks. ''I'll take her, you guys called a cab already?'' ''yeah we did, have fun man. Take care of her.'' they all hug him in a manly way and we all go seperate ways. I cuddle more into Leati's chest and he smiles, holding me while he puts me in the passengers seat as he gets in his car.

-

''Blossom, wake up. We're here.'' ''I'm awake I'm awake I'm awake!'' I say mumbling, being sleepdrunk when I just wake up. ''I noticed.'' Leati chuckles and I slap his hand grumpily away when he tries to pick me up. ''Nope. That's not going to happen Puddin'.'' he sighs, knowing how I am when I just wake up and he grabs my backpack and his. ''You ready?'' ''Absolute-'' ''Joseph!'' his mother runs out of the house and hugs him, he smiles and hugs her back. ''Joey! Welcome home man!'' his brother Matt walks out of the house too, Leati pulls him into a hug as well. I watch them, smiling as I do. ''Since when do you have a girlfriend Joseph?'' ''Uhm... Since... A couple of months now. Mother, this is Celeste, she's Mark Calaway's daughter. Celeste, my mother.'' ''Welcome to the family Celeste!'' his mother hugs me and kisses my cheeks. Smiling I hug her back still. ''Matt, Celeste, Celeste, Matt. Where's dad?'' ''Hey that rhymes.'' giggling I give Matt a hug, Leati pulling me close after. ''Joeyyyy'' giggling I see him roll his eyes. ''Thank you so much Matt. Now I won't get rid of that nickname for ages'' Leati groans and I pull his hair ''Hey! I can still hear everything. I'll Twisting Viper you to death.'' ''Jup.. That's the girl Joey.'' Matt has his arms folded while he looks at me. Leati makes chipmunk cheeks, filling them with air and I look at him as he pouts. Squeezing his cheeks together I give him a short kiss. ''Let's go inside, I wonder what dad'll say.'' I get pulled inside by Matt, what I allow giggling.

''Dad? Joey is here with his girlfriend.'' ''Ah welcome to the family Celeste! I've heard so much about you!'' Leati's father walks over and hugs me too, gosh now I know where Mr Cuddles gets his cuddlyness from. ''You have to be very lucky with a girl like this Joseph, you won't find someone like her in a million years. If you let her go I'll Superman Punch you to death.'' chuckling Leati and his dad hug each other. ''I missed you dad..'' ''I missed you too, son..'' Awwww... It's so nice seeing my boyfriend being reunited with his family after a long time. ''You should've told me your were coming! I would've cooked some extra food Joseph!'' ''Mom.. You always cook enough for the whole neighbourhood.'' ''You never know, you could be hungry for more every second of the day!'' I look at Leati and he looks back at me, we both start to snicker, mothers, they always make too much food. ''Relax Celeste, get familiar with the house. I expect you to come over more often than just this once.'' ''Absolutely. Let's get you settled in Blossom.'' ''Alright Mr Cuddles.'' I can just feel Leati pulling a irritated face as he looks up, his brother snickering while he tries to hide it by clamping his hand over his mouth. ''C'moooooooooooon'' I pull Leati's arm. ''Yes yes yes.''

Wooohoo! Heading to the 400 reads thanks guys!