Chapter 47: Lose yourself in a chemical moment

Alex's POV

Lights up, game on.

Honestly, we really have the potential to win the whole season. Our team is great.

'Stiles, get on the bench.'

'Coach, what? Why?'

'Because I said so.'

'Coach, he can play.' I walked over and spoke calmly to coach.

Sadly, coach doesn't know how to speak calmly.

'WHAT DID YOU SAY, GASKARTH?'

I rolled my eyes and gave Stiles an apologetic look. 'Nothing, coach.' Stiles shrugged and walked to the bench, plonking himself down onto it.

'Are we all set, ladies?' I walked over to the huddle that my team mates were in.

'Yup. We're good. Are the scouts here yet?'

'Yeah, they're beside coach's seat in the bleachers.' I smiled at Jack and pointed.

'And we can meet them after the game?''

'Yup.'

The whistle was blown, signalling the start of the game. I took my place in the centre of the field with the captain of the other time and smiled briefly at him before coach dropped the ball in front of us and the game began.

Honestly, it was going great until about halfway through when someone slammed into me.

'The fuck?!' I looked up at the person that had knocked me to the ground and stared at them, mainly cause we were wearing the same uniform. So he was on my team.

'Theo, bench! Now!' Coach shouted as Theo began walking towards the bench and took off his helmet, looking at me 'apologetically '.

'Why would Theo ram you?' Derek appeared at my side to help me up.

'Fuck knows, but I'm gonna find out.'

Jack's POV

We won!

Again..!

'Lex, we're getting pretty good at winning.' I smiled at Alex who was getting dressed standing next to me.

'Our team just has pretty great captains.'

'Yeah, it does.' Two strange voices spoke at the same time and then laughed. Who the hell...?

'Sorry, didn't want to jump up on you.' Theo and Danny stood behind Alex and I holding their kits.

'Don't worry about it.' I smiled sweetly as I laced up my converse.

'Anyway, we'll see you guys tomorrow.' Theo spoke.

'Theo, wait.' Alex cleared his throat, standing up.

'Yeah, Alex?' He turned around and smiled.

'Why the fuck did you ram me?'

'It was an accident, I tripped.'

'Well then, why didn't you fall and land top of me?'

'Danny grabbed me before I fell.'

'Where the fuck was Danny when I looked up at you?'

'He went to continue playing the game.

'Whatever, Theo. Don't do it again. And also, if you look at Jack like that again when he's shirtless then we're going to have a fucking problem.' Alex spoke sternly, slamming his locker before they nodded and walked out.

'I don't like them two.' Alex spoke when they were out of sight.

'You're being prejudiced.' I laughed at Alex, slapping him with my t-shirt.

'There's just something about them...'

'It was an accident, Lexy.' I reassuringly patted Alex's shoulder.

'Meh, probably.' Alex finished getting dressed and pecked me on the cheek as we picked up our kits and went outside to join the rest of the team mates who were waiting for us outside.

'Are we ready to meet these scouts?'

'Uh huh, I think so.'

'Then let's go.' I placed my hand in Alex's as we walked into coach's office to meet the scouts.

Alex's POV

Well, that went great.

I think we all have a great chance of getting into their collage. Jack, Scott, Stiles, Derek, Liam, Isaac, Zack, Rian and me. They're choosing ten students from our school, so I don't know who the other one will be.

Hopefully someone we like.

'So, I heard Jackson isn't in jail anymore. He got moved to a special place in the country for underage criminals.' Derek mumbled as we walked to our cars.

'At least he isn't in this town anymore, that's all I care about.'

'Same. He's a fucker.'Rian laughed.

'Guys, next week is our exams week. Then we're done with senior year.'

'It's fucking crazy...'

'We have the senior scribe thing next week and the final match of the season.'

'Then, we can start planning our road trip. And on Monday, we get all the details about Stanford.'

'Have any of you guys done any studying?' Isaac asked sheepishly.

'Course not.' We pretty much all said at the same time. 'Well, a little bit. But I can't over-work myself, reading over shit that I already know.

'True, true.'

'Jack, did your Mom get the basket we sent for your baby brother?'

'Yeah! She called me last night, she loved it.' Jack beamed happily at us all.

'Does your brother like it?'

'He loves it. I can't wait to meet him.'

'We're taking him to the waterpark and the zoo, kay?' Stiles laughed.

'Course we are!' Jack said loudly, laughing.

'Good. He needs some quality time with the guys.' Rian smiled.

'DO YOU GUYS THINK HE'LL GROW UP GAY IF HE'S SURROUNDED BY THE GAYNESS OF US?!' Stiles gasped.

'Stiles, I don't think it's a thing that can be controlled by who you hang around...' Isaac chuckled, patting Stiles on the back.

'Hey, you never know.'

'I can't believe we're all getting college scholarships to our dream college.'

'I know right? It's amazing.'

'I'm so happy.'

'How did we get so lucky?'

'How the fuck did Stiles get so lucky? He's the only one of that can't play!'

'My charming personality got me a scholarship.' Stiles laughed.

'I guess it did. How long do you guys wanna go to Arizona for?'

'Uh, honestly I wanna stay for a month but that's probably too long for you guys.' Jack squeezed my hand.

'You probably want some alone time with them, so how about we go for two weeks and a half?' Derek suggested.

'That'd be great.' Jack smiled. 'But Lex, I don't wanna travel alone so will you come with me?'

'Of course.' I smiled. 'I'd love to.'

'We can spend time together as a family.' Jack beamed.

Family.

As a family.

Jack is my family.