Chapter 12: There were fist fights, red lights

Jack's POV

I woke up in the nurses office.
'What time is it?'
'10pm Jacky.' My heart warmed up and I heard Alex's voice. He was holding an ice pack to my face, and he took it away when I woke up.
'What happened?'
'You looked dizzy as fuck, so Derek & I had to drag you up here to make sure your nose wasn't broken and that you didn't lose loads of blood.'
'You carried me from the field, up the stairs and here?'
'Pretty much yeah.. She's cleaned your pretty face and you can go home whenever.'
'I take it our bus has gone?'
'Yeah Jacky.. My mom dropped my car off though so I'll drive you home.'
'Okay.' I yawned and smiled, standing up slightly dizzy.
I noticed Alex putting his hand out to help me up, and I noticed slightly discolouring in his knuckles. He saw me looking and covered them with his sleeve.
'Lex? What happened?'
'Nothing to worry about.' He smiled and helped me stand up, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and supporting me
'No, tell me.'
He hesitated. 'I punched the wall in the changing room.'
I suddenly felt a pain in my chest and was overcome with hurt. Those walls were solid brick with tiles, he could've shattered his bones.
'Why Lex..'
He sighed, still helping me walk. 'I got really frustrated.'
'Why?'
'Jackson told me he would tell everyone my little secret.' He stopped and opened the door for us, the cold air making me shiver. I'd left my jacket in my locker, and it was a bit cold.
'Here Jack.' Alex took off his hoodie, and his t-shirt was attached to it, so his bare stomach was revealed until his t-shirt flopped back down into place.
'Alex, take it back. You'll be freezing.'
'Keep it. For good.'
I smiled and put my head on the shoulder of the hoodie so I could inhale Alex's scent.

OHDAMN.
I should not have done that.
Not another fucking boner over this guy, Jesus Christ.
Even his scent turns me on.

Alex's POV
I gave my hoodie to Jack, helping him lift his arms up and put it on. We walked to my car parked at the front of the school and I kept my promise, driving Jack home. We sang to Lady Gaga in the car, until Jack came across a Blink-182 album and played it. We sang together until our throats ached.

'Here you go, Sir Jacky.'
'Lexxxxxx' he whined like a little kid, making me smile.
'I can't walk.'
'Alright.' I sighed dramatically and sarcastically, getting out of the car and walking round to open Jack's door. I helped him out, and turned around.
'Alright Jacky, hop on.'
I heard him chuckle and jump onto my back.
He handed me his keys so I could unlock his front door, making our way into the house laughing loudly.
'Jack? Is that you?' I heard an angry shout come from the living room.
'Fuck..' Jack muttered. I turned to him, confused.
'Jack, what time do you call this?'
An angry and formal looking man came out of the living room and stood in front of us.
I saw Jack check the time on his phone.
'Um it's ten thirty..'
Exactly. The match ended at 9pm! Where were you? Are you boys drunk? Let me smell your breath.'
Jack's dad came over and forcefully opened his mouth, smelling it.
'No alcohol. Where did you get that hoodie?'
'It's mine..' I raised my hand. Jack shot me a look. Maybe I wasn't supposed to speak.
'And what's your name?'
'A-'
'It's Lex. Alex. I mean Alex.'
'Well Alex, why is Jack home so late?'
He folded his arms and paced towards me. Woah, this guy needs a chill pill.
'Dad I got hurt during the same and I was with the nurse, that's all.'
'I wasn't asking you. I was asking Alex.'
I froze. What the fuck am I meant to say?
His dad sighed, knowing I was too scared to speak for Jack's sake.
'Jack Barakat, were you fighting?'
'What? No! I just got hurt by the ball, that's all.'
I really hoped it was too dark for his dad to notice the dried blood and slightly bruised nose.
'Jack, get up those stairs and straight to bed. Alex, I think it's about time you leave. Jack, give him his hoodie.'
'It's cool, he can keep it.' I smiled politely before turning around, completely angered and bewildered. Is his dad always like that?

Jack's POV

As soon as Alex closed the door, I ran to my room. I really didn't want my dad asking anymore questions or shouting at me for being late.
'Jack, lights out.' I heard him shout before turning off the light downstairs, climbed the stairs and closed his bedroom door.
I'm glad he didn't throw anything at us or hurt Alex. I'm gonna need to sneak around the house until my nose clears up, or I'll be in real trouble for lying to my dad. I wasn't really fighting, I was just the victim of a fight.
I picked up my phone, scrolling through all the text messages.
'Scott: Hey man, Jackson's an asshole. Always has been, always will be. Hope you're okay.'
'Stiles: Jackson totally made an improvement on your face! Haha jks. Seriously, hope ur okay.'
'Derek: I kicked Jackson's ass. Not just for you, but for stiles. He didn't hit back.'
'Lydia: omg babe r u okay? Call me asap. Xoxoxoxo'
I groaned. There were text messages from my other friends and teammates wishing me well and I replied to them all, except Lydia. I'm not in the mood for her right now, I just wanna sleep.

***

I was awoken by a loud banging on my door.
'Jack Barakat, get up!'
It was 7am. Great, another day in school. I'd have to face Jackson. That should be fun.