Chapter 42: I feel like dancing - Part one

Alex's POV

'Alright Jacky, hop in.' I smiled as I opened Jack's car door.

We were going to the hospital to visit Jack's dad before going to school. The principal had agreed to let us set up the gym for the dance, so we didn't have to go to any classes today.

Jack's mom wasn't coming to the hospital with us, she had to stay in the house until the builders came to finish the repairs.

'Alex, I'm scared to see him.' Jack nervously bit his nails and shook his leg.
'Why, Jacky?' I started up the engine.
'I have no idea. I don't know how badly he looks. I forgot to ask my mom if I should prepare myself.'
'We can ask his nurse before we go into the room. It's alright Jack, I won't leave your side for a moment.'

Jack leaned across and pecked my cheek.
'I love you.' He murmured.
'I love you too. Now let me concentrate on driving or I'll crash.' I winked at him.
'Fuck you.' He pouted and smiled.
'You will.'
I gasped and covered my mouth.
Oh shit.
Did I really just say that out loud?!

'If you'd let me.' Jack murmured.
I laughed nervously. 'Jack, there is no way you're being the top.'
'Why not?'
'Because I don't wanna be walking around like I've shit myself.' We laughed.

Jack's POV

'So uh, we're hosting this dance tonight in school.' I was sitting at my dads bedside, chatting away.
'What for?' He croaked.
'We're giving any money raised to various charities, and to cover all the costs of the dance and stuff.'
'That's very responsible of you, Jack.' My dad wriggled a little to sit up straight, wincing at the pain.
'Yeah.. I guess.'
'So, why is your mother in town after all this time?'
'Dad.. you don't really have a strong sense of survival.' I mumbled quietly.
'What do you-' my dad got cut off.
'Alright boys, visiting time is up!' The nurse came in and shooed us out of the room.

'God fucking damn it Alex, he didn't know that he could die.' I muttered and squeezed Alex's hand.
'Well, babe, at least he knows now.' Alex lead me to the car and opened the door for me before getting in and starting up the engine.

'How do you think he feels about my mom being here?'
'I don't know Jack, it was hard to tell. But we're definitely going on a road trip to visit her when schools out.'
'Agreed.'
'Do you think she'll come back to live with you?' Alex drove smoothly down the road, towards school.
'Well, she could. But not until we've been to Arizona to visit her.' I smirked.

The thought of traveling to Arizona on a road trip sounds very fucking appealing to me right now.

'Jack, we can take your little brother to the zoo and shit.' Alex beamed at me as he turned into the school.
'One day, we'll be the best parents.'
'Very true.' Alex took my hand and kissed it.

Alex's POV

We walked into the gym hand in hand where Stiles and Isaac were trying to put up some balloons, but failing miserably.

So, instead of helping, we decided to watch and take out our phones to record them.

'It's upside down.'
'It's not upside down, you're upside down.'

We let this go on for about five minutes, until Stiles fell off the ladder he was on.

'Are you alright?' I asked, desperately trying to hold in my laughter.
'Yeah.. How long have you been here?!'
'About five minutes.' Jack and I erupted with laughter.
'You could've helped us!' Isaac laughed as we pulled Stiles off the ground.
'Nah. Watching you two struggle was way better.' Jack laughed as we dusted Stiles off.
'Seriously though, are you hurt?' I stepped back, looking at Stiles for bruises or cuts.
'Nah. Just a sore ass.' Stiles rubbed his ass dramatically.
'And you're used to that.' Derek appeared in the room, walking towards us with some boxes and we all ran to help.
'There's more boxes in the truck.'
'Why do you have all this stuff?' I rummaged through the boxes full of different kinds of balloons, tablecloths, streamers, glow in the dark shit, paper cutlery and plates..etc.
'Well, I had a big family. We had a lot of parties for birthdays and stuff... this is all the stuff my mom kept in storage.' Derek said sadly, earning a pat on the back from Isaac.
'Well, this stuff is great. Scott's gonna set the DJ decks up and we can sort this stuff out, then wait on the food.' Jack smiled whilst unpacking the boxes and emptying the stuff onto the floor.
'Jack, come help me close all the curtains?' I asked, taking Jack's hand.
'Yeah, Isaac will you go turn all the lights on so we can see when we close the curtains?'
Isaac nodded happily and did as he was told.

Jack and I walked around the gym, closing all of the curtains so no light seeped through.

'The party has arrived.' Scott, Rian, Zack and Liam came into the room carrying grocery store bags and some electrical equipment.

'Has everyone got a date?'

'Shit.'

'I don't...' Liam said sadly, looking down.

'Is Hayden coming?'

'I don't know, or care.' Liam put down the bags, obviously trying to distract himself.

'What's wrong, dude?' Scott patted him on the back as we all began to form a circle around the decorations and food.
'She cheated on me.'
'What?!' We all gasped.
'Yeah. With Theo.'
'Well, he's dead.' Derek growled.
'Nonono. He probably didn't even know we were dating.'
'Are you kidding? You two were always making out and holding hands!' I said, picking up a bag of balloons to blow them up.
'We used to do that, but it all stopped when he came to the school.'
'That's fucked up.' Jack said, looking completely disgusted.
'Yup. But I'm over it.' Liam sighed as he took some balloons and started blowing them up. 'Someone change the subject, please?' Liam looked up at us.
'Uh... do we have all the stuff for exposing Jackson?'
'Yup. I'm gonna go set up all the music and stuff.' Scott walked away to the DJ decks, leaving the rest of us standing in a circle staring at a collection of party shit on the floor.
'Who's the best at blowing?'
'Stiles.'
'Stiles.'
'Stiles.'
'Liam.'
'I AM NOT FUCKING GAY!'
'THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU SAID LAST NIGHT!'
'Run.'
And with that, Liam rapidly chased Rian around the room. The best part about this is that they're both straight, well as far as we know.
I threw a bag of balloons at Stiles. 'You're on blow-duty.'
'Aye aye captain .' He saluted me.

I usually take control in situations like this, which is a good thing or we'd never get anything done.

'Isaac, go help Scott.' Isaac smiled and blushed, doing as he was told.
'Anyone wanna help me?' Stiles looked at the hundreds of balloons on the floor in front of him.
'I will, I'm good at blowing too.' Jack sat down beside Stiles and winked at me.

OHFUCKIHAVEABONERHELPME.

I cleared my throat and laughed. 'The rest of you idiots, help me put up these streamers and shit.'
We picked the stuff up and dispersed around the room, sticking glow in the dark stickers to the walls and hanging up streamers & tassels.

'HEY!' Scott shouted as he blared music into the room, scaring the shit out of us all and causing me to fall off a table laughing.

'ASSHOLE!' I laughed and Scott laughed back, but turned serious.

'Alex come up for a sec.' I did as I was hold and handed my decorations to Derek, walking up to the decks.

'What's the problem?'

'Jackson just got tagged in a facebook post saying that he's bringing Jessica and Lydia to the dance.' Isaac muttered, showing me the post on his phone.

'Are you kidding me?!' I shouted, reading the post.

'We can avoid them.' Scott muttered, tapping away at the decks.

'I guess we'll have to.' I sighed and handed Isaac's phone back.

Well, tonight is going to be fucking great.