Bonus Content

"No, Jack. I don't think carrot cake would be a good idea. Even though carrots are good for us." Alex patted his fiancé on the shoulder, moving down the line to check out the next plate of cake. "Listen - Jacky - I know we're only tasting the cake because we want to try all the free ones, but I've had about seven different types of cake and I still want the chocolate fudge one." Alex murmured into Jack's ear, his lips brushing against the skin of it lightly. It was  2pm on a Saturday, and the pair of them were currently at a cake shop in Baltimore - tasting samples of wedding cake. They already knew which cake they were going to get, but by sampling them - they got eleven different types of cake to try.

"Really? I'm surprised you didn't like the pecan and walnut one." Jack grinned sarcastically, using his thumb to wipe a little chocolate crum stuck to the corner of Alex's lips. "I'd rather eat a cake made out of cardboard." Alex mumbled under his breath, tilting his head forward so that the shop owner wouldn't see him laughing. She did however ask them if they'd chosen a flavour - to which they nodded and informed her of their choice and the way they'd like their cake to look. It would be rectangle with five tiers, each tier having decoration and fondant figures explaining their journey as a couple - not forgetting their old lacrosse days in high school.

It was a year after they'd finished high-school - and they were blissfully happy. Their entire gang had went to the same college in the end, and they all lived in the same apartment building. They'd been incredibly lucky, but the fact that Rian's family owned the building had been a positive impact. They were all enjoying the classes they were taking - the only downside was that lately they'd all become a little behind in their assignments because they'd been busy wedding planning. Jack's Mom had moved closer to them, so now she had an amazing job and the guys could babysit for her anytime - he'd even been on the college campus a few times and everybody loved him. He was a little sweetheart.

"Cake, done. Venue, done. Band, done. Tuxes, done." Alex scrolled down the list on his phone, "We just need to finish the guest list and you need to give me more details about the honeymoon." He slid his phone back into his pocket, interlocking his fingers win Jack's as they exited the cake shop and walked along the sidewalk. "I've told you, the honeymoon is a surprise. Just pack for somewhere hot." Jack flashed a smile, but there seemed to be a darkness in his eyes that caught Alex's attention. "Still bugging about the guest list?" Jack nodded. "Look. We'll send our Dads invitations - but it doesn't mean that they'll go. We'll just have to find out when they do or don't RSVP." Alex sighed, pushing a strand of hair out of his face. Things hadn't gone very well with their Dads and neither of them had spoken to them in months. "Nothing is going to make this day shit, because I won't let that happen." Jack's face brightened at this, and he turned to press a firm kiss on Alex's cheek. "I definitely picked a good one to marry." Alex winked at him, sliding his sunglasses on. "You definitely did."