Chapter 44: I feel like dancing - Part three

Alex's POV

Well, the dance is going great.

People are having a good time, they're dancing, they're eating, they're laughing, they're singing...etc.

Also, Jackson's here.

With Theo.

And guess what?

Theo brought Lydia as a date. He didn't bring Hayden.

Jackson brought Jessica.

But we all know that Jackson and Theo have a thing together.

Jackson looks drunk.

Theo looks sober.

Jessica and Lydia look horny.

I bet they're having a great time.

'Hey Jack, look at them and try not to laugh.' Jack did what I told him to do and looked back at me, pressing his lips together and trying not to laugh, failing miserably.

'I don't even know what's funny about them!' Jack pulled himself together.

'Their existence.' I took a sip of my drink and put my arm around Jack, leading him away.

Everyone looks happy, they're all singing and dancing along to the music so Scott has good music taste.

'Jack, your mom makes great food.' Derek and Stiles walked up and stood beside us.

'She really does.' Jack smiled back.

His mom had made some food for tonight and we'd bought some candy and potato chips etc.

A drunk Jackson walked past, eyeing us up and down and slamming his shoulder into Jack whilst Jessica clung onto his shoulder.

'You better fucking watch it.' Jack spoke loud and clearly, causing a few people to turn and look at us.

'Jack..' I reached for his hand but his fists were clenched.

I've never seen him get mad before.

'Or what?' Jackson laughed.

'Jackson, first of all, stop pretending to be drunk. I know what a drunk person looks like and sweetheart, it's not you.' I flipped my hair and stood next to Jack. Jackson pouted and shook Jessica off his arm, and our friends circled around us.

'Jackson, we don't have fucking time for your shit.' Derek sighed, taking a step forward.

'Oh really?' Jackson also took a step forward.

'Yeah. Really.' Jack took a step forward.

At this point, everyone was fucking stepping forward so Stiles & I looked at eachother before copying the guys and also taking a step forward.

'Break it up boys, come on.' Stiles' dad, the sheriff, walked into our circle and directing us in our separate ways.

'Stiles, why is your dad here?' I asked Stiles when the space was clear and only occupied by our friendship group.

'Well, you're exposing the guy that set fire to Jack's house.. I thought it would be good if we had a sheriff here.. y'know.. to arrest him?' Stiles made various weird hand gestures.

'Good idea.' I took a sip of my diet coke and smiled.

Jack's POV

We were all having a great time.

Dancing, singing, laughing, until..

'Jack.' Lydia appeared behind me.

'What?' I turned around.