Chapter 15: I know I sound crazy, don't you see what you do to me?

Alex's POV

I was awoken by a timid knock on my door.
'Alex honey? Are you awake?'
'Yeah mom.'
My mom came into my room with some freshly washed & ironed clothes, and sat down on my bed.
'I'm raising your allowance just this month by 80 bucks.
My eyes widened. I get my allowance on a Saturday every month, and it's usually normally $100 a month. Why is she giving me $180?!
'What? why?' I quizzed.
'Because it's prom next week and you're a lazy ass little boy that hasn't bought yourself a tux.' She smiled.
'Mom, I don't even know where to buy a tux.'
'Alex, you need a white shirt, a black bow tie, trousers, shoes and a jacket. You can get those almost anywhere. This Saturday, you're going out to buy a tuxedo. What colour dress is Jessica wearing?'
I groaned and flopped onto my pillow.
'Mom, I don't know or care.'
She frowned. 'What's wrong?'
'I think she's cheating on me, but I have an idea to find out the truth.'
'Alright well, you better find another date. Maybe a cute girl, or boy.'
She winked and quickly walked out of the room.

Even my mom can see that I'm quite possibly gay.

$180. And I had to spend it on a dumb tuxedo.
However, I did have a few ideas on how I could make my outfit a little more personal.

Jack's POV

So today was the day of practice.
Yay.
Today is the day we find out the truth about Jackson and Jessica.

Our group chat was started this morning by Alex.

Alex: 'guys, this Saturday we're all going out. Together.'
Stiles: 'where?'
Derek: 'stiles is gonna have a sore ass on Saturday morning so there better not be a lot of walking.'
Me: 'where, Lex?:)'
Alex: 'I know you're all dumbasses like me that haven't got a tux for prom.'
Me, Stiles & Scott: 'shit.'
Derek: 'actually Stiles I got you one, but you should still go with them cause I'll be at the gym on Saturday.'
Zack: 'I got one, courtesy of having a girlfriend.'
Rian: 'same here.'
Liam: 'me too, but I'm still going with you.'
Alex: 'so it's settled, we're all going tuxedo shopping.'

That sounded fun.
I've never bought anything fancy in my entire life, we're gonna cause chaos in this store.

Me: 'can we go in and talk in fancy accents and say we're looking for a tux to wear when we meet the queen of England?'
Alex: 'yes, Jacky.'

Saturday is gonna be a great day.

Alex's POV

'So on Saturday, I want you to help me put up flyers around the school.' Jessica chirped.
I didn't want to tell her I was busy on Saturday just yet, so I'm gonna go along with it.
'Flyers for what, and how're you getting into school on a Saturday?'
'Prom queen silly, Mr Jacobs says it's okay for me to put flyers up cause most of the teachers will be here on Saturday.'
'Is Lydia running for prom queen too?'
'No, she won all the homecoming awards and all of our junior proms so she wants to let me have senior prom queen.'
'Alright then..'
'I'm gonna be advertising myself at your lacrosse game tomorrow.'
'What? Why?'
'Cause everyone will be there.'
'Whatever. I can't help you on Saturday, I'm going tux shopping with the guys. Ask someone else.'
Her eye twitched.
'YOU HAVEN'T GOT A TUX?!'
'Not yet. Seeya.'
I left her standing there horrified and went to join my friends. We walked together until we all had to go our separate ways to class.
'Alright boys, see most of you at practice.'

It was the last class of the day, Jack & I heading to religion. He looked nervous about something and when I placed my hand on his shoulder, he jumped.
'You okay?'
'I'm f-fine.' He croaked.
I knew there was no point in questioning Jack, he'd just get uncomfortable. He'd tell me what was up in his own time.

Halfway through religion and copying down notes, Jack slid me a note. He'd drawn a guitar pick with words written on it. He could actually draw pretty good.

'Will you go to prom with me, Lex?'

Jack Barakat had just asked me to prom. I'd love to, but there's so many complications. I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote on it, carefully putting Jack's cute drawing into my pocket.

'But how?'

'I want to spend it with you. I'll probably have to be with Lydia for most of the night, but you & I will both know that we're there together and we're on a secret date.'

His scrawled handwriting made me smile. He seemed so passionate and excited, I couldn't ever let him down.

'Yes Jacky.' I wrote. 'I'll go to prom with you.'