#7: Hiling

Minsan hindi ko maiwasang isipin ka….lalo na sa tuwing nagiisa

The room was silent.. all the Showtime hosts were there absorbing what Direk Bobet just confessed to them. Ang dating maingay, pasaway, hindi nauubusan ng energy na barkada… naging tahimk and very emotional.

Billy: I am pretty sure they’ll reconsider, I mean… mapapakiusapan pa siguro natin sila…

Anne: Direk… pinaghirapan natin to e.

Vhong: Gaano pa katagal?

Direk: We’ll make the announcement sa Showtime Anniversary… last week na natin yung performances niyo.

Karylle: Direk, that’s a month from now.

Direk just let go of a sigh. Everyone was speechless. Nagkatinginan nalang ang iba sakanila… Vice couldn’t help it… he went out. Karylle gave the other hosts a signal like saying na siya na ang hahabol kay Vice.

She saw him get in the elevator. Pero, nakasara ito even before she could get in… she rode the other elevator and shit. She realized she didn’t know where Vice was going. “Bahala na” she sighed then closed her eyes and pressed anywhere. Her fingers pressed the 32nd floor; it was the topmost floor in the building… storage room. And yes, the stairs leading to the rooftop. The next thing she knew, she was climbing the stairs then a ladder going up…. She realized how strong the wind is in the building’s rooftop. Pero, hindi niya alam kung bakit, she continued. She saw him there on the edge of the building…

Ano na kayang balita sa iyo?

Karylle’s POV

Dalawang taon since that meeting, since that night sa rooftop. Up to now, I still believe it was destiny that pressed that button. It’s always been destiny and how we both end up in Showtime, how we got close pati na din how I fell for you.

It’s been 2 years and yet napapanaginipan ko pa din yung paguusap natin na yon para bang it just happened yesterday.  Noong makita kita noon sa rooftop, sitting at the edge of the building natakot ako. Akala ko kasi you wanted to end your life… “Vice!! Ano ba! Nababaliw ka na ba?” I shouted. You stared at me blankly.. Your eyes filled with tears… then I realized it wasn’t exactly the edge of the building; below from where you’re sitting is another platform.

“Umiiyak ako, Kurba pero hindi ako suicidal wag kang ano dyan. “

“Nagaalala kasi kami.” You cried harder. I sat beside you, I didn’t realize we were 32 floors above the ground.Oo, natatakot ako. Pero, I wanted to hug you to make you feel better so I don’t care. I still sat beside you.

“Vice listen, okay? We have to let go of the show. It’s the management’s decision, you still have GGV naman e. I’m sure this means more projects for you…  wag ka nang umiyak.” I started crying. I hate to see you cry, Vice. “Hindi naman yun, Kurba. You know how much I value Showtime.”

I pulled back from the hug ‘cause he was shaking from too much crying… so I pulled him from the edge and made him sit somewhere else. .. it was 6:30 PM and the sun’s completely gone. From where we were seated, we could see Manila’s lights na unti unting nabubuksan.