Chapter 45 | Beautiful

Time Skip: 2 weeks

Mitch's POV

After the whole fiasco and the argument, Scott and I manage to get back into the normal routine, but I tried my best not to do anything too... Touchy.

He didn't seem to notice, since he was busy with Alex's party that was coming up. I guess he's trying to make up to cheating on him.

We were back to being ourselves, but it just wasn't the same. Like I was really losing him. It doesn't make sense, he says he needs me, he cares about me, then after two weeks, his attention is back on Alex. Maybe it's just because I don't have a boyfriend, and I'm needy.

Or maybe you're just jealous.

"Shut up."

"Who are you talking to?"

I look up to see Scott standing in front of me.

"Myself..?"

He chuckles before sitting down next to me.

"We don't have a superfruit video for this week. And we don't have time to film tomorrow, since it's Allie's birthday. The day after that is Tuesday."

"Oh."

"Do you want to film it now?"

"Yeah sure. What's it going to be about?"

"I saw this thing on twitter are it's about fixing your flaws."

"Yeah?"

"Let's make a video about self confidence." Scott says looking me in the eye.

"Sure. I'm down."

"I'll get set up."

I sat on the bed as he gets everything set up.

Fixing our flaws? I see no flaws on Scott. But I can't say the same for me. This would be interesting.

"Ready?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

He sits down next to me, the sides of our arms touching each other. 

"Hi! Welcome to the best show on the internet, my name is..." Scott looks at me before laughing.

"What?" I say looking behind me to check.

"Nothing."

"Hey! Welcome to the best show on the internet, my name is beautiful." he says.

I'm ugly.

"My name is ugl-." I say looking down.

"No." He says immediately, "You're beautiful."

Right then my heart melted. No. He lied to you once, he can lie again. This is just for superfruit.

"Thank you." I say looking at him as he starts laughing. His laughter quickly dies down when he notices I'm quiet.

He stares back before breaking the silence. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say looking down again.

I could feel him staring at me, but I ignored it.

"You know today is all about..."

I look up as he continues with the video.

Scott's POV

As we finished up with the video, I stood up to turn off the lights. I could feel the air become more tense as Mitch takes out his phone.

"Mitch?"

"Hm..?" He hums in reply as he looks at his phone.

"I didn't mean any of the shit I said in the video, you do know that right?"

"Hm." He hums in reply.

Is he ignoring me?

"You are beautiful." I say sitting back down.

"Okay."

He doesn't believe it. How can he not think that he's not beautiful?

I pull him onto my lap. I felt him relax before tensing up. He shoves me as he stands up.

"Stop being so fucking confusing." he says as he goes to the other end of the bed.

"I don't understand how I'm being confusing." I say in defense.

"You are the one breaking the Alex rules." He said softly. I swear I could have heard pain strain his voice.

"What the fuck. No. There are no Alex rules. There's just us." I say moving closer to him.

"Okay."

"Mitch."

"Look Scott, we were doing fine for the past two weeks okay? I don't want to start another argument now."

But we weren't fine. We didn't cuddle, we didn't have any wine nights, no little kisses and compliments. No you.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey you guys~

How's everyone?

Just curious, when are your summer holidays starting? Or did it already start?

Mine starts in like a week and a bit.

Welll... See you next week I guess.

~Lynn :)
Tumblr: penta-fruits