Chapter 38 | Oxygen

Mitch's POV

"What happened last night?" I ask. I remember everything after him bringing me home. I remember how he carried me, how he talked to me... How his lips felt against mine.

I just wanted to...Confirm. He had Alex. I don't have him.

"Well, you texted me to get you and once we got home, we went to bed."

I knew it. Why would he admit to kissing a slut? A whore.

"Nothing else?" I say wiping my tears away. Now I'm starting to feel my hang-over.

He looked at me in the eye andd furrowed his eyebrows.

"You remember don't you?" He sighed.

"Yeah." I paused. "Why wouldn't you want to tell me?"

He didn't say anything.

"What about Alex?" I ask.

He sighed closing his eyes. His eyebrows furrowed together again.

"It was heat of the moment." Scott manage to say.

Heat of the moment. Is that the best reason he can come up with?

"Heat of the moment?" I ask challenging him.

"Yes." He said.

I know I'm annoying him and I'm being a bitch. But I can't stop. He kissed me. I loved it.

"Are you going to tell him then?"

"No."

"Why not?"

Scott suddenly raised his voice, "Mitch, why are you being such a bitch right now? You was a mistake, okay?"

I scoffed.

Of fucking course. Kissing a slut is obviously a mistake. He kissed me. I loved it. He breaks me. I'm really not worth anything.

Scott's eyes widen as if he just noticed what he said.

"I didn't mean it like tha-"

"Liar." I say feeling a sting behind my eyes. My eyes already aching from the nightmare.

"I'm not lying, and you kno-"

"Alex said that you hate me." I say, changing the subject. I lift my head up and meet his eyes. His beautiful blue ey- Fuck I need to stop.

"He what?"

"He said you hate me. He said I'm annoying and a burden to you. You know it's true. You hate me." I say tears threatening to spill.

I could hear something snap inside of Scott as his eyes darken. For a second, I thought he was mad at Alex. But it only took me the next second to find out, he was mad at me.

Why am I such a fuck-up?

"The only reason I hate you is because you keep saying that you don't need me, and I guess that's the fucking truth. Plus, I know I don't need you."

He said 'you' like I was a piece of trash he found on the street. I'm a piece of fucking trash.

I felt myself stand up from my bed. My head pounding, either because of my hang-over or because I was about to leave Scott.

Probably not for long, because I'll be running back like a whore. Exactly like what Taylor said.

I walked towards my door ready to walk out.

I felt myself say, "I guess you're perfectly fine without me then. That's okay, it's not like I need you like fucking oxygen. It's not like I can't breath without you. It's not like I lov-"

I didn't dare turn around. If I did. I know I would want to run back into his arms again. But with that, I just walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

How is everyone?

I don't really have much to say because Pentatonix has already sent me to my grave.

Hope you like the chapter!

~Lynn ;)