The Wedding (Chapter. 43)

Well the day I had been dreading has finally came. My wedding day. I woke up to eggs and bagels. I ate and then showered and brushed my teeth. Next a group of stylists and two makeup artists came in. One woman rewashed my hair. Then put a dryer over it. While the makeup artists started smearing stuff all over my face. It was not pleasant. At the same time I had different jewelry being shoved in my face. They were asking which I wanted to wear. None in all honesty. I still didn't want to do this. After three hours. My hair and makeup was finally done. I then got in my dress. People then started putting jewelry on me. I slipped into my shoes. I then looked in the mirror. I was unrecognizable. I looked like a completely different person.

"Mona you look gorgeous! You look far better than I did. I know this isn't what you want. But you really look wonderful!" Kennedy said.

"Thank you so much! It is just simply depressing that I have to marry someone that I don't want to."

"I understand but it is time to go. I'll see you out there." Kennedy said then hugged me slightly. She then was gone.

Next my father wrapped his arm in mine. Not giving me an option.

We got to the doors and I took a deep breath. They opened and I heard hundreds of gasps. Everyone was staring at me. As I walked down the aisle I realized there were many faces there that I didn't know. I only wanted Kennedy here. But instead it feels like all of Rola is here. There were many pictures being taken of me and the whole wedding was being recorded on video. Next I was finally at the altar. My father kissed me on the cheek to make it look good. He then sat down. I then turned to face Gideon. I'll admit it he looked quite handsome in his suit.

We didn't write our own vows. So each repeated after the priest. Next Gideon had his arms wrapped tightly around me, he dipped me and kissed me passionately. Even then I felt nothing. Everyone in the audience screamed with envy. I didn't know why though. The ring was huge and beautiful. It was a five carat diamond that was princess cut. The band was white gold.

Next came the reception. The only alcohol that was served was scotch, red and white wine, and champagne. I drink none of that but I might start tonight. Everyone danced, ate, and drank. They seemed to be having a great time. Gideon left me to go schmooze with everyone. I stood alone at the bar in my pretty wedding dress. Next Kennedy and Ian came up to me.

"I'm not going to lie this wedding has been really nice, very classy and tasteful. But you are by far the star of it. You look gorgeous but I already told you that. How are you feeling?" Kennedy asked.

"I feel fine. I just don't want to be here. Next I'll be queen of Rola. It is quite sad actually." I admitted.

"I'm sorry to hear that but you look great! You are a wonderful girl Mona. You deserve better than this." Ian said.

"This is what every girl dreams of remember?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter obviously you don't have such dreams. You should be with who you want to be with. Your life shouldn't be chosen for you. We are going to try to get you out of this. I'm not sure how yet. But Kennedy and I are both brainstorming. You might not be my sister by blood but I love you and consider you my sister!" Ian said then he wrapped me in a hug.

"Hey dude why don't you back off?" Gideon said rudely.

"She's my sister in law. I'm married to Kennedy. You know Mona's older sister?" Ian snapped.

"Sorry dude I only saw the back of you. I must be protective. That's how royalty is raised." Gideon said.

"Are you implying that I am beneath you simply because you are royalty?" Ian asked.

"I wasn't actually. But that is factual information." Gideon replied.

"You can shut the fuck up. Royalty or not I will beat your ass. Or better yet I'll just cast a spell on you. I am a drowser you know." Ian yelled.

"Do not start drama or an altercation at my wedding reception. I will have you escorted out." Gideon answered.

"Stop it! Both of you! Can you both not make this any more miserable than it already is?" I screamed.

"She is right. My apologies Mona." Gideon said while wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry Mona I didn't mean to. I'm a natural defensive person. I didn't mean to make your life any more miserable than it is. I mean I can only imagine how upset you must be knowing that you have to deal with this guy." Ian said then he glared at Gideon.

"I'm a prince I will not fight, especially at my own wedding. But you are pushing my buttons sir." Gideon admitted.

"Well you both are getting on my nerves so stop!" I said rudely.

"Alright. Shall we dance then?" Gideon asked with a smile.

"I guess if we have to." I mumbled.

"What did you say beautiful?" Gideon asked.

"I coughed. My apologies, yes of course let's dance." I responded.

He then took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He put one arm around me. He then pulled me close. He took my hand and cupped it softly. We then started to sway back and forth. I'm not going to lie he was a gentle dancer. I like the way he holds me. Well at least this time anyway. Marrying him was definitely not what I wanted. But we are married now, having our first dance at our reception. I'm no longer on the market. But I'm also not with who I want to be. Seeing Nash at Kennedy's wedding just made me miss him even more. But instead here I am.

No matter how pretty I look or feel today. I can still feel the depression setting in. This is truly what the rest of my life will be like.

Before we knew it we were saying our goodbyes. Then it was time for our honeymoon. Which I also did not want to do. Our honeymoon is on an island owned by the royal family of course. It will just be Gideon and I, then a staff to take care of us.