Kennedy's Wedding (Chapter. 40)

After taking a shower I put on the red lace dress my sister picked for me. Today is the day that I am the maid of honor. I then did my make-up and hair. I'm actually kind of nervous. I hope I do everything right. But Kennedy will look beautiful. She will be living my dream. To marry the person you really love and spend eternity with them.

Next there was a knock at my bedroom door that made me jump. I was no longer day dreaming that's for sure.

"Come in." I said.

"Mona the limo has arrived to take you to the wedding. Are you sure you don't want me to come? I can be your date?" Gideon asked with a smile.

He looked at his phone the whole time he spoke.

"No I am fine. Not mention I'm pretty sure the bride and groom aren't very fond of you. Also my invitation specifically says I may not bring a date. But thank you." I replied. Then he looked up finally.

"Mona you look ravishing. I'll respect your wishes. Have a wonderful time." Gideon admitted. He then kissed me on the cheek and led me down the stairs. Next I was in the limo on the way to my sister's wedding.

"Mona there you are! I got nervous. You look amazing! You look even better now than when you tried it on!" Kennedy said and hugged me tightly.

"I wouldn't miss my only sister's wedding for the world! I look amazing? No you look gorgeous. Your dress, your hair, everything!" I exclaimed.

Kennedy is in a v- neck thin strap dress. The top almost looks like a fitted elegant lace tank top. Then it flares out down to her feet. She looks wonderful.

Finally everyone was ready. The music started. I got to go first. I started to walk down the aisle with my warm colored bouquet in my hands. I heard gasps. I heard mumbled compliments. I felt very pretty for once. Finally I was in my place. Ian looked great too! He was wearing a black tux. His tie was red the same shade as my dress. His groomsmen matched. I looked at no one's faces though. I was focused on Ian and Kennedy. Well maybe the outfits as well. The bridesmaids wore red dresses as well. But theirs weren't lace and went to the floor instead of knees. I looked at Ian he was fidgeting. I could tell he was nervous. He looked up at me and I smiled in reassurance. He then smiled back. Then it was time for Kennedy!

The music started again and everyone stood and faced the doorway. Ian took a deep breath. Then she appeared. Ian's jaw dropped at her beauty! Before we knew it she was to Ian. He took her hands he was in awe.

"You may be seated. Let's begin." The preacher said.

He then said a few more things I zoned out to be honest. Then he said they wrote their own vows. Ian was going first.

"Kennedy Houska I've loved you since the day we've met. I wasn't sure if we could work due to everyone around us. But I want us to more than anything. I adore everything about you. I want to go to sleep and wake up next to you every night and morning. My love for you is pure. I can't wait to make you mine for life. I love you." Ian vowed.

His vows were beautiful. I could tell Kennedy thought so too. She was fighting tears at his wonderful words. Next it was Kennedy's turn!

"Ian Keen I knew we were meant to be at first sight. It seems everything and everyone that could tear us apart has attempted. But look at us now we are stronger than ever. I can't honestly picture myself with anyone else. You are it. I want to be with you forever. I don't care what creature differences we may have. You are mine and I am yours. My love for you is pure. I can't wait be your wife. I love you!" Kennedy vowed in return. Then the rings were slipped on and they were kissing. They were husband and wife officially.

Next came the reception. Seeing as I wasn't allowed to bring a date I went straight to the bar. Yes all rules out of the window. I would be having more than my usual Pepsi. I went for a glass of cake vodka. I gulped it. It burned a little. Then I asked for another. I started to drink it. When someone sat down next to me. They asked for a bloody Mary. I turned and looked at them. It was Nash. I gasped. I almost fell off of the stool but I caught myself barely.

"Nash what are you doing here?" I asked in shock I didn't expect to see him here at all.

"I'm the best man. You didn't see me at the ceremony?" He asked.

"No I ignored everyone's faces. I was focusing on the love in the air."

"Oh well yeah I'm the best man. I'm guessing you are the maid of honor?"

"I am yes. Why did you order a bloody Mary? You know they have blood here for the vampire guest's right?" I asked.

"I do but I like to try to keep it normal." Nash replied.

"Oh." I said then I faced the other way to try to avoid him.

"You look stunning. Look Mona I don't want to cause issues. I want to talk about our fight." Nash explained.

What could he want to say? I mean he yelled at me and told me he wanted nothing to do with me.

"I'm not sure there is anything left to say Nash. You were pretty clear."

"I know but let me talk about it."