Strong Efforts (Chapter.19)

That night I finally got home and instantly laid in my bed. 

I really don't want anyone but Nash. But that just can't be.

Or can it? There has to be a way.

I changed out of my nightgown and into a wonderful lavender purple dress. The dress goes to my feet and is three quarter length. It goes to the bottom of my neck, my mother made it for me. Then I snuck out.

I went to my "thinking place" aka under the bridge. It was about 11:30 pm when I arrived.

As I watched the current move back and forth and barely touch my toes I got lost in my thoughts. But out of the blue I heard a noise behind me that snapped me out of it. I said nothing. I just stayed as still as possible.

"Mona? What are you doing here?" Nash asked.

"Nash?! Well this is my thinking place."

"You have not been here since we split. I come here every night so I know." Nash said.

"Well I've been quite busy if you must know. I have been to exhausted to come here and think."

"Busy huh? Busy with what?"

"Nash we are not together. You have no reason to of my whereabouts or my actions." I said.

"I don't believe you've been busy."

"Well that's just your lose then. Seeing as I most certainly have been quite busy."

"Whatever you say Mona."

"Nash what will it take for us to be together again? I barely function without you. I'm empty and alone. I need you, I want you."

"I love and miss you too. You really want to know what it will take?"

"More than anything."

"Tell your parents about us. Let them know you've fallen for me. Yes a vampire. Tell them how you don't think you can function without me. Tell them the importance I have to your life. Then there will be no reason we can't be together." Nash said crossing his arms.

"You know I can't do that. Especially now. I mean you were right they only care about reputation. Not love and loyalty. I mean I got slapped in the face just tonight for saying something that might make us look bad. Why can't I just be normal and happy?" I said starting to cry.

"Mona don't cry. Wait you were slapped? By who?" Nash asked. Then he wrapped his arms around me but I heard his fangs come out in anger.

"It was my mother."

"I'll destroy her." Nash snapped.

I turned to look at him. When I did his fangs were out and his eyes were glowing blue. I could tell he was very angry.

"No Nash it is okay. You need to do no harm to my mother."

"If you refuse to tell your parents about us. Then I refuse to be with you." He said while letting go of me.

"Nash."

"No Mona. This is nonnegotiable."  Nash said.

"Alright. I'll do it. If I can have you then it is worth it." I stated honestly.

"Aw." Nash said. He then smiled and hugged me tight.

We began to kiss. I missed this so much.

"But I must tell you I won't be able to see you tomorrow night." I admitted.

"Why?"

"I have to meet the prince and I'm not sure how long it will take."

"You are with me  but you are going to be meeting some other guy?" Nash said starting to get angry.

"It is not what you think. I can assure you I have no interest in meeting him. I'm being forced by my parents to meet him. The king likes me and thinks I would be perfect for his son. So he insisted that we met. My parents just became the head members of the council. So they are trying to please the king and queen as much as they can. This time it just so happens it involves me meeting the prince. It is not a date. It simply me meeting him. I've never met him in my life. That is all it is. You must believe me. I want you and only you." I said.

"Alright I believe you. But I do not like the idea of you meeting some guy."

"Well he isn't really just some guy. He is the prince of Rola. But yes I see your point."

"Once you tell your parents about us there will be no more of these meeting guys. I know they will have enough respect for our relationship for that." Nash said.

"Yes I agree." I lied.

I don't really have any idea what my parents are going to say. But I do know it won't be how Nash thinks it will go.

He thinks they will accept it because he makes me happy. I've learned lately they don't care what makes me happy. If it doesn't make us look good then it is not aloud. It is just how it is. I think they will yell and scream and compare me to Kennedy. Other then that I'm not sure. But it kind of terrifies me. But this is the only way I can have Nash so be it.

After stressing about all of that I feel asleep in Nash's arms.