Rethinking My Decisions(Chapter. 32)

"Mona wake up." A voice said from the doorway.

I rolled over and took a deep breath.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You need to get ready. I called Nash. He is coming over. You want to look good. Go shower!" Kennedy screamed with excitement.

I listened. Yet again I took a shower; it was warm this time though. I grabbed a pair of jeans. Yes jeans something my parents would never let me wear. At the castle I was forced into a dress every day. At night I even had to wear a nightgown. But anyway I then put on a burgundy three quarter length shirt. I felt so casual. I felt as if just by putting on a casual outfit I was breaking the rules. Who knew talking to certain people and or creatures and putting certain clothes on could be disgraceful. It isn't taking much to feel as if I'm breaking the rules. Maybe my parents really always have been too strict.

I then brushed my hair and put on makeup, yes makeup (my parents never let me wear makeup either.) Next I took a deep breath and walked downstairs. I then saw the back. I saw Nash's back. I've missed him so much and there he stands a few feet away from me with his back turned. He is talking to Ian. He has been staying in my room while I was gone. Is it bad I'm sort of nervous? I've been gone for almost two months.

"Mona!" Nash said with excitement. By doing this he brought me out of my deep thought.

He then wrapped his arms around me tightly. Before I could say a word he was kissing me deeply. I could tell just by his kiss how much he truly missed me while I was gone. I felt safe and loved while in his arms. Just the familiarity of his embrace made me more than thankful to be home.

He finally stopped kissing me, but he never stopped hugging me.

"What happened? Did he let you go? Did you escape? I want to know everything." Nash pushed.

"It doesn't matter how I got here. Just focus on me being here. Now we can be together. Nothing is in our way finally. "I said with a smile.

"Do you think they will find you?" Nash asked nervously.

"No. They most likely think I have died in the attempt to get away." I replied.

"So you did escape. You were not let go." Nash said in shock.

I took a deep breath and replied "Yes. I'm afraid so."

"What did the royals do to you? I will get a nest and go in." Nash replied.

A nest is a group of vampires that stick together, similar to a family. They will do ANYTHING for each other. A nest can be quite dangerous.

"No you do not need to anything. He nothing to me. His parents and mine were forcing me to be queen, be the prince's wife, and have the heirs to the throne. Prince Gideon was on my side at first. He agreed the whole thing was crazy and wrong. But then his father (the king) told him he would be murdered if he did abide by the rules. He also said that every royal marriage was arranged. That we would learn to love each other. Therefor the prince then also tried to force me. I could not take it so I left." I explained.

"That's it I will be finding a nest and make the royals pay."

"I forbid you from such actions. You will be killed. Your nest will lose their lives as well. I am well. Please no longer focus on what happened. Focus on me being here. I want you to leave the royals alone. I mean it. If you do not respect my wishes then we have no reason to speak at all. "I said.

"Mona, I want to defend your honor. Why will you not let me?"

"There is not a need for violence. Can't you just be happy I'm back? Can't you focus on how you've missed me? Instead of focusing on how much violence you can display on the royals? Obviously you are not in a place to do these things. I've dreamed of the moment that I came back. This is not how I dreamt it. So you may leave and return only when you act like a gentleman again." I said then turned and walked away.

Nash said nothing. He just left.

"Mona, why are you treating Nash this way? How come you now act like you are entitled to something? You are not royalty. So get over your issue." Kennedy said.

"I will be treated as a lady. I will not settle. I deserve to be treated with love and respect. I deserve to be treated as if I could be lost."

"Ian does not treat me like a queen. But he loves me very much. I love him as well. I plan to marry him one day. Our parents put a lot of bull in you. You think you are better than everyone else. You think you deserve special treatment. News flash there is nothing special about you. You are a regular girl as am I. You are not a queen. You had the chance to become one. But you decided not to because you thought you were too good for it remember? So come back down to Rola because you are a normal girl. So start acting like you are. The type of guy you are searching for does not exist. Do you understand now? I think it is so sad that our parents have shielded you from so much. But now you have been kidnapped so you aren't so shielded. But you do not seem to understand. You need to understand that the expectations that our parents have put into you are fake. No one exists for such things." Kennedy screamed.

"I think we need some time apart if you're going to treat me this way." I replied.

"Oh really? Time apart? Where do you plan to go? I am all you have. So you are going to have to deal with it. You can trap yourself in the bedroom. But other than that you have to deal with me because it is my house." Kennedy screamed again.

"I am going upstairs." I replied.

I don't know what has gotten into her. She has never treated me this way before. She has always been the supportive one. I mean I thought by leaving the castle I would be happy. But I am being treated much worse here. I don't think my expectations or morals are too much. I simply think I have good morals. Kennedy is the wild one. She always has been. Maybe that is why she is acting out. No it can't be. I don't know what's wrong. But I think I might leave. I might go back to the castle if they will have me. Who knows maybe my real destiny is to be queen.

I then laid down and forced myself back to sleep.